Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I think bidets are actually a jolly good idea but the last time I tried to use one I got the water too hot and burnt my arse 

I had to use a "squatter" in a French train station once. They must be deadly to folk with balance problems.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I spent 3 weeks in China / Vietnam and using the squat toilet is a skill you need to learn rather quickly.  That's not to say that I did.

FWIW, I ended up training a guy who had come over from China (his first time abroad) and questions were quickly raised around the office when staff discovered that somebody had been putting their dirty shitter paper in the bin rather than flushing it away.  Dealing with that was certainly one of the more awkward conversations I've had in my professional career.

I feel slightly bad that I cannot stop laughing at both these stories 

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

Surely it would be covered in toilet paper by the time you stand up?

Only if you're intentionally aiming the toilet paper to land on the jobby and not in the water, which is deviant behaviour. Having lived in the flat, cheese-eating land, I can confirm that the flush mechanism sweeps away the toilet paper first and then leaves your turd as the encore piece in the show. 

Edited by vikingTON

I once spent some time in Dubai for work. I say work, I spent some time in Dubai getting roaring drunk every night and having to turn up at work and go through the motions the next day. 

As is the way with these things, my bowels were a fucking shambles. Air con is every where in Dubai, except the tiny, stinking, festering cubicle in which I had to evacuate the sins of the previous evening each day. The smell of a hangover shite filling a tiny box room thats running at a steady 50 degrees celcius is not one i'll forget soon. Nor is the feeling during this ordeal. 

Thats really all I have for shitting abroad. 

I have only once shat on a plane, which was immediately after take off following 10 extreemely drunken days in Mexico. This also was a harrowing experience.

To the best of my recollection I have never shat on a train.

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I once spent some time in Dubai for work. I say work, I spent some time in Dubai getting roaring drunk every night and having to turn up at work and go through the motions the next day. 

As is the way with these things, my bowels were a fucking shambles. Air con is every where in Dubai, except the tiny, stinking, festering cubicle in which I had to evacuate the sins of the previous evening each day. The smell of a hangover shite filling a tiny box room thats running at a steady 50 degrees celcius is not one i'll forget soon. Nor is the feeling during this ordeal. 

I have only once shat on a plane, which was immediately after take off following 10 extreemely drunken days in Mexico. This also was a harrowing experience.

Lucky you didn't find yourself in one of the 'Squat' toilets that are all over the Middle East. They are not pleasant.

Eg...

039p2_xlg.thumb.jpg.ad3903e3f6d3a63ea0516edc514429fb.jpg

Just now, johnnydun said:

Lucky you didn't find yourself in one of the 'Squat' toilets that are all over the Middle East. They are not pleasant.

Eg...

In the stat eI was in, and the size/temperature of that room, definling myself would have been the least worst option..

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

See the source image

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Eg...

For a brief moment there, I just relived the incredibly distinctive smell of one of these places, which is heightened by the temperatures over there.  A smell that you don't get on our shores and one  I can only describe as 'the smell of Cairo amplified'.

Tempted to go over to the PTTGOYN thread for a good rant about Cairo, but my utter disdain for the place is a number of levels above petty.  Let's just say that I would accept the pyramids being collateral damage.

(Reported for racism etc etc)

Edited by Hedgecutter

When I went to Thailand a couple of years back the first night I emptied what was probably the largest log I have ever dropped. Absolutely incredible thing that took two flushes. 

An hour or two later I woke up again and it was probably what Hiroshima looked like after being nuked. Slightly flooded the bathroom, was a nightmare waiting for it to all disappear and mopping up. 

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm a lazy b*****d and absolutely detest ironing. Are steamers any good/more convenient for the basic work get up such as a shirt and tie?

You iron ties? FFS. 

Am I allowed to do Jury Duty? Got called the other day and was surprised. 

I have a criminal record and was sentenced to a community payback order in April 2017. I finished it in June 2017 and it was considered 'spent' in June 2018. 

Website isn't the clearest on the eligibility.