Quick Question Thread

Is there a way to check the historical football odds for a given competition?

Some walloper on a Facebook group I'm a member of is trying to claim Brendan Rodgers defied all the odds in winning the title for Celtic in 16/17 as Rangers were the clear favourites for the league that year. While that's obviously bullshit, the only odds I can find are from ladbrokes (Celtic 3/10, Rangers 11/4). Would be interested to see what other bookies had as the odds for that time.

18 hours ago, Gaz said:

Is there a way to check the historical football odds for a given competition?

Some walloper on a Facebook group I'm a member of is trying to claim Brendan Rodgers defied all the odds in winning the title for Celtic in 16/17 as Rangers were the clear favourites for the league that year. While that's obviously bullshit, the only odds I can find are from ladbrokes (Celtic 3/10, Rangers 11/4). Would be interested to see what other bookies had as the odds for that time.

Whit? :lol:

9 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Whit? :lol:

His logic seems to be that because Rangers beat Celtic narrowly on penalties the previous season, and because they bought loads of players when coming up from the Championship, that the 'vast majority' of pundits and bookies had Rangers as overwhelming favourites as they were expected to sweep Celtic away, therefore Rodgers deserves huge praise for winning the league that season.

This is all in response to me saying that Celtic have shat it the first time they've went up against a team actually capable of giving them decent competition.

20 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

So you should know how forum browsing goes.

ETA- if they’re domesticated they should be kept in the hoose or at least supervised at all times

Cats have a right to roam under law because they are extremely unlikely to cause damage to property or murder livestock. Dugs don't have that right and thus must be supervised at all times. 

19 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

IMG20210210151510.thumb.jpg.b6c649a19c23e35bf1bd9f9072dc5427.jpg

Brotherhood of SatanSatians club leader 001.

Genuinely thought you'd stolen my brothers dug there, absolutely identical. A beautiful animal. 

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

His logic seems to be that because Rangers beat Celtic narrowly on penalties the previous season, and because they bought loads of players when coming up from the Championship, that the 'vast majority' of pundits and bookies had Rangers as overwhelming favourites as they were expected to sweep Celtic away, therefore Rodgers deserves huge praise for winning the league that season.

This is all in response to me saying that Celtic have shat it the first time they've went up against a team actually capable of giving them decent competition.

This is an astonishing rewriting of the facts.  At no point since we've come back to the top league have we been favourites at the start of the season.  

edit:  It was closer this season, but Celtic were still huge favourites with the bookies.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

12 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Can someone explain how this can be available :

IMG_20210225_165403.thumb.jpg.3140511430a13c22ac8c43c0164bb149.jpg

Yet this isn't :

IMG_20210225_165421.thumb.jpg.275e0b0d33c88251af022ce2b2c7a47b.jpg

When all they do is add raspberry sauce to the unavailable one to make the available one? 

I've not tried either, but the pic online for the raspberry one doesn't show any chocolate sauce just the ice cream and flake with the sauceThe Raspberry Flake McFlurry is back (Credit: McDonald's)

17 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Can someone explain how this can be available :

IMG_20210225_165403.thumb.jpg.3140511430a13c22ac8c43c0164bb149.jpg

Yet this isn't :

IMG_20210225_165421.thumb.jpg.275e0b0d33c88251af022ce2b2c7a47b.jpg

When all they do is add raspberry sauce to the unavailable one to make the available one? 

The raspberry is added automatically, but removed for the ordinary chocolate variety. Unfortunately the guy who removes the raspberry is off sick with Covid.

I've spoke to a guy in work today and apparently they now add chocolate sauce to the flake McFlurry (they never in my day!) if it never had the sauce, it has to be 99p so they just mark it as unavailable. 

@Miguel Sanchez, your theory was wrong. The cups they come in have "Chocolate Flake McFlurry" on one side and "Raspberry Flake McFlurry" on the other.