Quick Question Thread

5 minutes ago, the snudge said:

First Bus. Despite the driver nearly killing me they said the issue was satisfactorily dealt with in house and refused to show me the cctv.

Go to the polis. 

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

c***s. Their depot is 5 minutes from my house if you want me to torch it. 

15 minutes stroll over for me aswell if they want a square go

12 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Go to the polis. 

Aye they're on it. Not very well mind ye. Driver being interviewed apparently. Police said the cctv was deleted but first bus stated it had been reviewed by the depot manager. So it's not adding up. Police probably don't give a shite because it's not that important in the grand scheme of things. 

I was clearing out my junk mail the other day and found I've been getting monthly emails from my old building society in the UK. The savings account I had with them has one of those physical authenticator thingys that I no longer have so I have no way of checking the balance online or transferring money without getting in touch with them first, and they don't appear to know I no longer live in Scotland as they quote my old post code. I'm in two minds whether or not to give them a call. On the one hand, I came into a bit of money about 10 years ago, roughly a year before I left the country, so there may be a decent chunk of change left there. On the other hand, I definitely had a credit card with them and it feels unlikely that settling my outstanding balance was a priority for me before I left, and there may be a few other creditors who found themselves in the same boat. So do I bother to get in touch with the building society? Would they already have claimed back anything I owed them from my savings? Would they grass me up to anyone else I've owed money to for the last decade?

39 minutes ago, MSU said:

I was clearing out my junk mail the other day and found I've been getting monthly emails from my old building society in the UK. The savings account I had with them has one of those physical authenticator thingys that I no longer have so I have no way of checking the balance online or transferring money without getting in touch with them first, and they don't appear to know I no longer live in Scotland as they quote my old post code. I'm in two minds whether or not to give them a call. On the one hand, I came into a bit of money about 10 years ago, roughly a year before I left the country, so there may be a decent chunk of change left there. On the other hand, I definitely had a credit card with them and it feels unlikely that settling my outstanding balance was a priority for me before I left, and there may be a few other creditors who found themselves in the same boat. So do I bother to get in touch with the building society? Would they already have claimed back anything I owed them from my savings? Would they grass me up to anyone else I've owed money to for the last decade?

Normally if you default on a Credit Card with a bank it will be passed to the Collections team who then have the right to access any savings you may have and take the funds from there. Could be worh checking your credit file as any defaults etc.. will  be listed there and if there is any outstanding debt.

23 hours ago, the snudge said:

15 minutes stroll over for me aswell if they want a square go

Aye they're on it. Not very well mind ye. Driver being interviewed apparently. Police said the cctv was deleted but first bus stated it had been reviewed by the depot manager. So it's not adding up. Police probably don't give a shite because it's not that important in the grand scheme of things. 

Tell @Hedgecutter what bus it was and he’ll probably be able to get access to every bit of info you need.

Or he’ll just break into your house.

Tell [mention=13234]Hedgecutter[/mention] what bus it was and he’ll probably be able to get access to every bit of info you need.
Or he’ll just break into your house.
I have considered (after he sort of threatened me) challenging hedgecutter to see if he knows where I live. But frankly, I am scared. I would like him to reveal how many of us he has tracked down, and with what degree of certainty.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, 101 said:
how fucking big are MRI scanners?

Basically fill a room I think. Big f**k off things they are.

Make a hell of racket too, soundtrack of a heavy metal horror sci fi movie.

46 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Fucking huge. It’s some job installing them too due to all the shite they need around them.

I volunteer as a test patient for MRI research, can confirm the noise levels mentioned above. Ooft.

Cheers, must be the equivalent to putting a room into a hospital. 

45 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Is there a way to hide a thread, so that I don’t open it when clicking “next unread topic”?

I would like this for Word Association