Quick Question Thread

50 minutes ago, the snudge said:

By law does a bus company need to give you footage of CCTV that you can be identified in?

When cycling, I was nearly killed by a bus and want o view the footage captured. Plus I want to see my sexy legs in lycra on camera.

You need to report it to the police first, only when you have an incident number can a download proceed.

20 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Had a text from Par Jr a wee while ago 
QQ.

what did the policeman want?

B6888C3B-00F2-48F3-9004-36FD7864DCD2.jpeg

They're investigating a cheese theft and are working through known on-line associates of the suspect.

Been watching the goings-on in America online using https://ustv247.tv/foxnewslive/  for ages.  Last night, no access and it suggested i use a VPN to watch the news site. Conveniently, there's an ad on the page for Nordvpn.

Any young/techy types advise if i'll be compelled to purchase this to view the channel or if there's a way round it ??  I'm fully protected online with a very good McAfee anti-virus, etc.

Cheers 

ps, i've found an alternative for Fox & CNN, but this site covers lots more channels.

5 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

There are a variety of VPN providers. Some of them are free some of them are paid. Nord has quite a high profile but I would not use any free or American provider.

Cheers for that.  Will just find a channel that allows free access as n when required .

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

Been watching the goings-on in America online using https://ustv247.tv/foxnewslive/  for ages.  Last night, no access and it suggested i use a VPN to watch the news site. Conveniently, there's an ad on the page for Nordvpn.

Any young/techy types advise if i'll be compelled to purchase this to view the channel or if there's a way round it ??  I'm fully protected online with a very good McAfee anti-virus, etc.

Cheers 

ps, i've found an alternative for Fox & CNN, but this site covers lots more channels.

Always worth going incognito when you're suddenly barred from a site, sometimes they let you have a few goes before demanding money. I actually subscribe to Nord for avoiding geoblocks and it works more reliably than ones I've used in the past.

5 minutes ago, the snudge said:

First Bus. Despite the driver nearly killing me they said the issue was satisfactorily dealt with in house and refused to show me the cctv.

Report them to the Information Commissioners Office for refusing your request for personal data. Or accept the earlier offer to torch the depot. The latter requires less paperwork...