Quick Question Thread

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I noticed just now that "Basque Country" beat Costa Rica in a friendly yesterday. 

Since when did "Basque Country" play international friendlies? I can't remember seeing this happen before? 

Apparently there was a right carry on at the hotel afterwards. The whole team got stuck in the revolving door after trying to rush in all at once. The fireman in attendance said it served them right for putting all their Basques in one exit.

On 17/11/2020 at 11:21, Stellaboz said:

I noticed just now that "Basque Country" beat Costa Rica in a friendly yesterday. 

Since when did "Basque Country" play international friendlies? I can't remember seeing this happen before? 

its an unofficial national team, that can have spanish or french players, as long as they're basque

19 minutes ago, 101 said:

Has anyone ever got furniture off made.com ? Online reviews look fairly mixed.

I ‘think’ it’s an Amazon type marketplace. Suppliers from all over funnelled through the one conduit. Ye pays yer money ye take yer chances...

or - cheap is much cheapness, expensive is overpriced. Furniture should last 30+ years. Amortise the cost over its expected lifespan and you’ll know that you want to see it first before parting with the folding. 

Do yourself a favour and go see my friends at Belgica in Bo’ness - have never heard a bad word said against them. Quality gear. 

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I ‘think’ it’s an Amazon type marketplace. Suppliers from all over funnelled through the one conduit. Ye pays yer money ye take yer chances...

or - cheap is much cheapness, expensive is overpriced. Furniture should last 30+ years. Amortise the cost over its expected lifespan and you’ll know that you want to see it first before parting with the folding. 

Do yourself a favour and go see my friends at Belgica in Bo’ness - have never heard a bad word said against them. Quality gear. 

doesn't seem to be a market place unless its really well put together so you would never know - https://www.made.com/sofas-and-armchairs/3-seater-sofas

Thanks I will have a look to be honest this is my first place not looking for something that will last 30 years but want something thats value for money.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

When I moved to my current place about 8 years ago I bought beds, wardrobes, desks and chairs for my daughters plus a couple of side tables and a 'media unit' and they were fine.  Everything arrived on time and were pretty easy to put together.  I've replaced a few things since but that's more to do with having a bit more budget now.

If I had had the time I'd have gone to Ikea as I think the quality is a bit better for about the same money but I furnished two rooms in less time than it would take to drive to Milton Keynes.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

When I moved to my current place about 8 years ago I bought beds, wardrobes, desks and chairs for my daughters plus a couple of side tables and a 'media unit' and they were fine.  Everything arrived on time and were pretty easy to put together.  I've replaced a few things since but that's more to do with having a bit more budget now.

If I had had the time I'd have gone to Ikea as I think the quality is a bit better for about the same money but I furnished two rooms in less time than it would take to drive to Milton Keynes.

Cheers

10 hours ago, 101 said:

Don’t think we’ve ever bought anything that hasn’t gone back for being badly made/shite. Looks great online but the quality can be horrific when it shows up. A bit like when we signed Gavin Reilly.

22 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Don’t think we’ve ever bought anything that hasn’t gone back for being badly made/shite. Looks great online but the quality can be horrific when it shows up. A bit like when we signed Gavin Reilly.

Cheers, is the returns fairly straightforward just incase?

27 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

Sorry you haven't received an answer to this.   Doesn't feel nice when you throw out a question and the congregation ignore it.  

I'd have thought there's 5 factors at play:  

1)  A person may commute to a location for work reasons on a Monday and return on Friday.  
2)  Anyone going away for the weekend will be on the road on a Friday. 
3)  It's a favourite day for doing a 'big shop' at a supermarket.  
4) Schools close earlier on a Friday creating more traffic at lunchtime. 
5)  Flexi-time workers may try and finish up earlier on a Friday.  

I often joke to folk "If you can drive on a Friday you can drive on a Wednesday!!"  

Posts like this are what the green dot system was implemented for. 

Thank you again. 

G

21 hours ago, Andrew Driver said:

Would you put cheese on a chicken burger?  

Absolutely.  There aren’t many savoury dishes or snacks that aren’t enhanced by some cheese , especially melted.

Excluding cottage cheese which is fukkin rank.

Edited by A96

4 minutes ago, A96 said:

G

Absolutely.  There aren’t many savoury dishes or snacks that aren’t enhanced by some cheese , especially melted.

Excluding cottage cheese which is fukkin rank.

Cheese slices were invented for a chicken burger. A cottage cheese sandwich settles the stomach of a grade 11 hangover, so proper nutrients like bacon can be digested.