Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Looking for a website/app I can get tunes for ringtones onto my phone as even the classic ring on this phone is abysmal. 

Have I fell asleep and woken up in 2001?

13 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Well, get me .  .  . Happy and content, Brought up in an (allegedly) deprived area, moved into a blue area, and now find myself happily ensconced in another 'deprived' area. Does everything have to be measured  by how much you earn and whether you've got access to the posh golf club?

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Well if you have stick a tenner on Rangers going bust and being relegated to the bottom division in 11 years time and another tenner on Donald Trump being elected president in 2016

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I'm a poster boy for millennials, born in a blue bit, couldn't afford to live there myself and now live in an orange bit.

I live in what the locals round here  would  call a scummy part of town. I've had no problems whatsoever (the odd arsehole neighbour now and again, but they eventually move on), but a solid pre-war built sandstone house with your own back door and garden is truly a thing of beauty, especially when you've got protected woods behind your back fence with no chance of development.

Peace, privacy and tranquility. Wonderful.  Can't see my place ever being featured in House And Garden or Grand Designs, but that in itself makes me feel good.

Mr and Mrs Jones? You can just f**k off. I'm happy with what I have. 

[mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention] was it you who posted a link a while ago about areas that were supposed to be the best and worst? If so, can you post a link again please? 

I think it was me on the worst town in Scotland thread

I should probably reiterate that there are a lot of caveats in those rankings and as they are principally compiled to find which places need help the middle and top ends aren’t as meaningful

The same principle holds for IQ tests but nobody seems to notice that either

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Which bit? 

Are there lots of apes about fighting over scraps or are you on a space flight to the moon listening to "The Blue Danube", or maybe onboard a giant ship heading for Jupiter?

Any sign of the monolith?

Also, what does any of this have to do with ringtones?

Edited by Fullerene

14 hours ago, thisal said:

I've got myself a new shed and was looking at solar lights. Then I thought I could set up a socket or two to charge my lawnmower etc. or plug electric tools. I have looked at Caravan kits. these are basically just a battery and power invertor connected to solar panel. Was thinking maybe a solar wind combination and buy kit parts separately to save money.  Doing it more as a project  rather than an alternative to running mains from the house.

Anyone done this? Or have any thoughts, suggestions.

Plenty of plastic sheeting.

Spoiler

dexter.jpg

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Well if you have stick a tenner on Rangers going bust and being relegated to the bottom division in 11 years time and another tenner on Donald Trump being elected president in 2016

STOP ENCOURAGING THEM.

12 hours ago, Gaz said:

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

And don't go anywhere near New York.

Just now, Karpaty Lviv said:

I have a real bad hangover. Just being constantly sick anytime I drink anything. I’m blaming the foreign beer as I’m never as bad as this when I’m home. Anyone got any ideas to improve my situation?

Switch to schnapps.

4 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I have a real bad hangover. Just being constantly sick anytime I drink anything. I’m blaming the foreign beer as I’m never as bad as this when I’m home. Anyone got any ideas to improve my situation?

Grow a set. 

5 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

A bottle of absinthe and a couple of tins of red bull.