Quick Question Thread

37 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's really useful, thanks. I knew there had to be something that helped with the cost of maintaining a car for business use. :)

1 minute ago, Rizzo said:

That's really useful, thanks. I knew there had to be something that helped with the cost of maintaining a car for business use. :)

No worries. If your OH has been doing this for months and has a log of all his journeys you could well be able to claim back a nice wee sum that would go some way towards a new car!

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

I was reading P&B a short while ago and suddenly found that when I moved the mouse scroll wheel, instead of moving down the page it changed the size of the display. I restarted the computer and it's fine now but can anybody tell me what I might have done to cause it?

These ones are small, those ones are far away.....

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

I was reading P&B a short while ago and suddenly found that when I moved the mouse scroll wheel, instead of moving down the page it changed the size of the display. I restarted the computer and it's fine now but can anybody tell me what I might have done to cause it?

Pretty sure some mouses have a clickable scroll wheel which changes their function, not sure if that's the case here, just a thought.

41 minutes ago, Shipa said:

Pretty sure some mouses have a clickable scroll wheel which changes their function, not sure if that's the case here, just a thought.

Just tried that and what it does is to lock the scrolling so when I move the mouse forward or back the page will keep moving until I touch the mouse again.

9 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Nigella Lawson is a Tory and therefore an arsehole of a human being, so anything she says can be filed straight in the bin.

You would still surrender your left bollock to ride her though. 

I've got myself a new shed and was looking at solar lights. Then I thought I could set up a socket or two to charge my lawnmower etc. or plug electric tools. I have looked at Caravan kits. these are basically just a battery and power invertor connected to solar panel. Was thinking maybe a solar wind combination and buy kit parts separately to save money.  Doing it more as a project  rather than an alternative to running mains from the house.

Anyone done this? Or have any thoughts, suggestions.

1 hour ago, thisal said:

I've got myself a new shed and was looking at solar lights. Then I thought I could set up a socket or two to charge my lawnmower etc. or plug electric tools. I have looked at Caravan kits. these are basically just a battery and power invertor connected to solar panel. Was thinking maybe a solar wind combination and buy kit parts separately to save money.  Doing it more as a project  rather than an alternative to running mains from the house.

Anyone done this? Or have any thoughts, suggestions.

My neighbour just built himself a hut at the bottom of his garden and has a solar panel on it to power the lights and perhaps his laptop (he works from home. Ooh get your mind out the gutter)

Apparently it works quite well even when there's no direct sunlight.