Quick Question Thread

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
12 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:
Is the Falkirk Wheel worth a visit, just to fill in an hour or so ???? 

For an hour... Aye.

Cheers, just to break a journey up as we can’t get in till 5pm 

Is the Falkirk Wheel worth a visit, just to fill in an hour or so ???? 
I was massively underwhelmed by it, and it's not cheap.

Took my brother-in-law who is a ouert tic n new yorker - and it ended up being a wee bit embarrassing.

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Took my brother-in-law who is a ouert tic n new yorker - and it ended up being a wee bit embarrassing.

^^^^^ Was seasick

Recently switched energy supplier from British Gas to a cheaper alternative.  Official switch date was Sunday, but this morning i noticed the Smart Meter had effectively frozen and isn't working.  It was installed around 3 years ago by BG so i'm wondering if they've just rendered it "deid" either out of spite for moving, or whether they have a right to do so as they installed it.

Anyone able to clarify the situation and what i can do ??  Have contacted my new provider, but it might be a wee while before they respond.

Cheers. 

On 06/08/2020 at 05:10, Zen Archer Esq. said:

65 year old Billy Casper still hasn't come to terms with the passing of his pet Kestrel.

Can we get folk talking about films on a spoiler please mods,  I'm away Kes....Kes, ARSEHOLE 

He's dead int he?

ARSEHOLE was for the dickhammer above (soookit up)

Edited by SlipperyP

12 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Recently switched energy supplier from British Gas to a cheaper alternative.  Official switch date was Sunday, but this morning i noticed the Smart Meter had effectively frozen and isn't working.  It was installed around 3 years ago by BG so i'm wondering if they've just rendered it "deid" either out of spite for moving, or whether they have a right to do so as they installed it.

Anyone able to clarify the situation and what i can do ??  Have contacted my new provider, but it might be a wee while before they respond.

Cheers. 

DEpends on whether your new provider supports smart meters yet. I moved a while ago to Bulb and they don't support them yet, the smart meter just stopped working when we changed. 

Just now, Rugster said:

DEpends on whether your new provider supports smart meters yet. I moved a while ago to Bulb and they don't support them yet, the smart meter just stopped working when we changed. 

I've moved to Peoples Energy who are significantly cheaper than BG from the figures quoted.  It might be that they're similar to Bulb and they don't support them yet.  Will see what their customer services say.

Cheers mate.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Let's not pretend he's an ARSEHOLE and all things are ok. First he should to his wif.....why his licky is so high...

4 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I've moved to Peoples Energy who are significantly cheaper than BG from the figures quoted.  It might be that they're similar to Bulb and they don't support them yet.  Will see what their customer services say.

Cheers mate.

Says on their website using a smart meter or submitting monthly readings is their preferred way of calculating  billing so looks like they do support them but may need to supply you with their own. 

On 09/08/2020 at 23:04, pandarilla said:

Glad I went, seen it working. Went mostly for a piss, as there was no kelpies toilets open. As was said, an hour max is enough 

All you guys changing energy suppliers hahaha what you want is to have only one electricity supplier available to you so they can charge you what the f**k they want and then you don't have to worry about the hassle of changing companies. 

Hiya Synergy, hiya pal!

All you guys changing energy suppliers hahaha what you want is to have only one electricity supplier available to you so they can charge you what the f**k they want and then you don't have to worry about the hassle of changing companies. 
Hiya Synergy, hiya pal!
Soviet Russia approves of this comment.

58 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Dee Man said:
Hiya Synergy, hiya pal!

Soviet Russia approves of this comment.

I suppose a Jambo would know.

2 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Got a parking charge from Horizon, has anyone had one of these and did you pay it?

Not sure whether I should pay it, its 70quid !

Don't pay it, give our regards to Chigsy when you see him.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

10 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Why is decimal currency called decimal currency? Doesn't that suggest there are 10 pennies to the pound, shouldn't it be "centimal currency"?

I refer you to my honourable friend Mr Brian Parkyn.

https://api.parliament.uk/historic-hansard/commons/1967/jul/25/duodecimal-currency-and-mensuration

P.S.The Duodecimal system had 240 pennies to the pound btw.

Edited by welshbairn