Quick Question Thread

Was going to ask if Granny Danger was still alive. Stumbled across him there on a thread about the resignation of the Tory leader, where he (GD) claims not to be a fan of giving oral sex. Alive and still enjoying the white rioja (not euph) it seems.

Was going to ask if Granny Danger was still alive. Stumbled across him there on a thread about the resignation of the Tory leader, where he (GD) claims not to be a fan of giving oral sex. Alive and still enjoying the white rioja (not euph) it seems.
NOT a fan?

Wtf

56 minutes ago, GordonD said:

The Sunday Post used to use the phrase "going nap" when a team scored five goals in a match. Based on the card game, apparently, where the aim is to take five tricks.

Always a favourite of the Irvine Times and the Ardrossan & Saltcoats Herald alongside the more specific Oh Dear, Ardeer.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

How can I transfer something from DVD to my ipad?

You'll need to put it on your computer, convert it to a format iTunes will recognise and then sync it from there.

DVDFab Decrypter for the ripping of the DVD. Use the free version. The paid versions will convert for you too, but are usually quite expensive.

Last time I had to convert to another format, I used Freemake Video Converter and it did a fine job without much fiddling about. Just be careful when installing, as they tag on installation for other programs that you have to deselect, and they keep trying new tricks to get you to install them by mistake. Presumably they get paid each time someone does. There are a ton of similar programs, and it can be an absolute arseache working out which to use.

2 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

My laptop doesn’t have a CD-ROM drive. Is there a genuine/secure download of a recent FM I can get for free?
Maybe 2016 or so?

Thanks in advance

I think the most recent legal download you'll get for free is Championship Manager 01/02. I was sure someone made a stickied thread about where to get it (and get it working), but it seems to have disappeared. I'll work out instructions if you're interested, though. It's still the best one  :P

For the recent ones, the disc is virtually useless anyway - all you're buying is a Steam code (www.steampowered.com), which you enter into Steam and it adds the game to your library, which you then download from them. You can pick up copies of older Football Manager titles on eBay or Amazon for £10-£15; just make sure you're getting a new copy that's still sealed as, once the code's been used, it can't be used again. I wouldn't recommend the key-selling sites like G2A, as half of their codes are stolen, to the point that some developers would prefer that people pirated their games so they don't lose money on credit card chargebacks.

A few years ago, you couldn't get rid of old copies of Football Manager for love nor money, but it looks like they've jumped up in value.

I think the most recent legal download you'll get for free is Championship Manager 01/02. I was sure someone made a stickied thread about where to get it (and get it working), but it seems to have disappeared. I'll work out instructions if you're interested, though. It's still the best one  [emoji14]
For the recent ones, the disc is virtually useless anyway - all you're buying is a Steam code (www.steampowered.com), which you enter into Steam and it adds the game to your library, which you then download from them. You can pick up copies of older Football Manager titles on eBay or Amazon for £10-£15; just make sure you're getting a new copy that's still sealed as, once the code's been used, it can't be used again. I wouldn't recommend the key-selling sites like G2A, as half of their codes are stolen, to the point that some developers would prefer that people pirated their games so they don't lose money on credit card chargebacks.
A few years ago, you couldn't get rid of old copies of Football Manager for love nor money, but it looks like they've jumped up in value.

If you have the link that would be great