Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Shandon Sevco’d yet?

Alive and well. Made my girls a prawn dish for dinner but there was just enough for two so made myself something else at the same time.Got the timings a bit wrong on my piri piri chicken thighs and undercooked them by about 20 minutes. They were tasty enough but realised after eating a few that they were mainly raw. Stomach feels a bit like I've swallowed a rugby ball though so there could be unpleasantness afoot. 

Alive and well. Made my girls a prawn dish for dinner but there was just enough for two so made myself something else at the same time.Got the timings a bit wrong on my piri piri chicken thighs and undercooked them by about 20 minutes. They were tasty enough but realised after eating a few that they were mainly raw. Stomach feels a bit like I've swallowed a rugby ball though so there could be unpleasantness afoot. 
I was trying to work out how you could eat raw chicken but that's much more plausible.

Did it not taste a bit lukewarm?

24 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

sub-buzz-14502-1500478485-3.png?downsize

Just now, Mr X said:
1 minute ago, paranoid android said:
Any experts on Microsoft Teams on here? 
Asking for me.

Not an expert but used it a fair bit

Issues with data protection - can you invite a caller using their telephone number, but fix it so other attendees can't see their number?

Just now, Zen Archer Esq. said:

What can I say?

You're annoyed about the court case, aren't you? :(

The last time we had this kind of stand-off was when Jamie Hamill cheated to get Douglas Hill sent aff.

It was wither that or when I backed Andy Partridge in his feud with Todd over Skylarking.

i just took this thread to an obscure place. 

Another reason why I'm an arsehole. 

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

You're annoyed about the court case, aren't you? :(

The last time we had this kind of stand-off was when Jamie Hamill cheated to get Douglas Hill sent aff.

It was wither that or when I backed Andy Partridge in his feud with Todd over Skylarking.

i just took this thread to an obscure place. 

Another reason why I'm an arsehole. 

To simplify, Todd is always right and Hamill is a nodding donkey.

Didn't you have trouble with a neighbour at some point?

Does anyone else give the guy holding the STOP/GO sign at roadworks a little raise of the finger from the steering wheel of acknowledgement or am I just a tragic, albeit very polite, sadsack?

23 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Does anyone else give the guy holding the STOP/GO sign at roadworks a little raise of the finger from the steering wheel of acknowledgement or am I just a tragic, albeit very polite, sadsack?

I have given it on occasion when he's turned it to stop as I got to the front.

10 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Yes , I sometimes give him a wee wave or nod as well. Generally depends on whether he’s eyeballing me as I go past.

As for your second question....... probably, But not just because you acknowledge the stop/go guy.

On a similar theme , why are some roadworks deemed worthy of a convoy vehicle to  lead the way ?......always seems like  an unnecessary waste of resources to me.

21 minutes ago, A96 said:

Yes , I sometimes give him a wee wave or nod as well. Generally depends on whether he’s eyeballing me as I go past.

As for your second question....... probably, But not just because you acknowledge the stop/go guy.

On a similar theme , why are some roadworks deemed worthy of a convoy vehicle to  lead the way ?......always seems like  an unnecessary waste of resources to me.

The convoy vehicle is to keep traffic at a slow pace, usually when the roadworkers are working particularly close to the road, as obviously not everyone can be trusted to follow the speed limits on the signs.