Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Mental that folk slate me for putting mango on a pizza (delicious btw) when there are so many peasants on here eating frozen pizzas cooked in a conventional oven.

"Would you rather be remembered as a racist or a nonce?"-type statement.

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Am I mistaken
or did we once have a thread
all about haiku?

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Not mistaken Dave

it was once here for ages

but now sadly gone.

It's quite difficult

To compose a good haiku

In seventeen syl

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Anyone ever drove for Uber Eats? Not certain what my pay situation is for July so thinking about it to give me something to do/a bit of extra pocket money.

How much would you generally take in and is it worth it?

If those two wheeled anti social Deliveroo c***s can get away with cycling on the fucking pavement without any well deserved punishment then it seems only fair that you as a Uber Eats driver should be allowed to drive your car on the pavement too.

If those two wheeled anti social Deliveroo c***s can get away with cycling on the fucking pavement without any well deserved punishment then it seems only fair that you as a Uber Eats driver should be allowed to drive your car on the pavement too.
Seems fair.

3 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:
4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Seems fair.

If you find out, let me know. It seems a strange set up, there are places that allow free delivery (KFC & Subway) yet the 'exclusive' relationship they have with McDonald's costs £4 delivery even though its the same distance to all 3.

I do know once delivered you're then given the option of tipping the driver through the app. 

Anyone use or dip into Flightradar24, either as a regular thing or as a now and again visit ??  Obviously with the majority of flights not operating, the skies over central Scotland are fairly clear, but it's fascinating normally to see the comings and goings from both Edinburgh and Glasgow as well as the European flights bound for the USA.

I'm not a geek, but just find it interesting watching what's happening live. 

40 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Anyone use or dip into Flightradar24, either as a regular thing or as a now and again visit ??  Obviously with the majority of flights not operating, the skies over central Scotland are fairly clear, but it's fascinating normally to see the comings and goings from both Edinburgh and Glasgow as well as the European flights bound for the USA.

I have a wee look now and again. Was able to use it to track my son’s flight home from Tokyo a couple of years back. Was interesting to see where he was at times during the flight.

What are they building where the old Mathiesons bakery was in the middle of Falkirk? I assume flats from the look of it but it shows how infrequently I am in town these days that I never knew there was anything there.

FlightAware app and website is good.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Trying to design a cover for a planner that I'll be using at work. Was wanting images related to Dundee FC on it. Every image I try to use comes up as 'low quality'. Is there any way when searching Google images to filter out by resolution?

Click settings, advanced search, image size, and choose a huge one? Should still be high resolution when you bring it down to the size you want. Maybe.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Click settings, advanced search, image size, and choose a huge one? Should still be high resolution when you bring it down to the size you want. Maybe.

It's an absolute puss-y - Figured it out. Just quite a lot of shite images that show up in high res. Back to the drawing board.

On 18/06/2020 at 21:22, 19QOS19 said:

What's the purpose of it? Does drinking water every 20 minutes reduce chances of catching it? :o

On 18/06/2020 at 21:42, Bairnardo said:

Fucked if I know. It's on the same level as the 5 subs. 

Are these rules not just there because players are being asked to play about 4 games in 10 days at the moment? More breaks and more subs surely helps clubs keep players fit through a busy period.