Quick Question Thread

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

If Melanius wants to build a Wile E Coyote Acme type trap then grey squirrels tend to favour walnuts over other nuts.

Update on this. The wee squirrels have now fled the chimney it seems and are being terrorised by the magpies which is nice. The big squirrel seems to have either fucked off completely or has succumbed to said magpies/fox/greyhound type dog along the road. 

Not sure if squirrels return to a drey once they are grown up or whether they bugger off and annoy somebody else.

45 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Update on this. The wee squirrels have now fled the chimney it seems and are being terrorised by the magpies which is nice. The big squirrel seems to have either fucked off completely or has succumbed to said magpies/fox/greyhound type dog along the road. 

Not sure if squirrels return to a drey once they are grown up or whether they bugger off and annoy somebody else.

Have you checked the spare room? And the living room?

30ABB976-AF1D-4A9E-96E6-FA046B1C00AE.jpeg

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Sorry if I've missed that, but have they actually done anything destructive? 

It's quality entertainment watching them have handbags with the local birds, right enough. I'd no idea there was a turf war thing that goes on between them. Haven't seen it evolve into anything serious yet, but I did find a perfectly healthy looking raven out the back a few days ago, pining for the fjords. Hmm...

39 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Sorry if I've missed that, but have they actually done anything destructive? 

It's quality entertainment watching them have handbags with the local birds, right enough. I'd no idea there was a turf war thing that goes on between them. Haven't seen it evolve into anything serious yet, but I did find a perfectly healthy looking raven out the back a few days ago, pining for the fjords. Hmm...

Not that I can see. Went up into the loft last week but it’s such a tip it’s hard to tell if anything has been damaged. 

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Not that I can see. Went up into the loft last week but it’s such a tip it’s hard to tell if anything has been damaged. 

I have a similar problem. If I'm ever assaulted, it's likely to lead to improvements.

Maybe try giving them something in the garden to move to and put nuts and stuff in it? Ours have moved in to a nearby derelict building, thankfully, although erecting a new house for the wee shites might be overkill.

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I think they'd be quite chewy but it's a way to stop them breeding I suppose 

They totally baffled me. Asked the boy about them, thinking I knew about nuts and that squirrel nuts were some exotic new thing. He said, "Naw, they're nuts ye feed to the squirrels".

I've just signed up to get more info from something called scout-live.com 

It seems to be an app where you get paid €64 per sporting event to collect stats on said game. 

Has anyone got experience of this or something similar? It sounds like a bit of free extra money every now and then to go watch football or ice hockey?

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It seems to be an app where you get paid €64 per sporting event to collect stats on said game. 

Has anyone got experience of this or something similar? It sounds like a bit of free extra money every now and then to go watch football or ice hockey?

I'd imagine that fee will spiral down to about 50p a game quite quickly. I reckon it'd also ruin your enjoyment of any game you were at, depending on the details they want you to keep track of, and I'd guess they want a fair bit for that money. Imagine having to keep track of every touch, for example. Anyway, nobody's interested in stats on Scottish Championship clubs playing some other shite nobody cares about like, ooh, Hearts.

Alright, I'm done pissing on your chips now. Let us know how it goes.

I got the instruction doc from them and was supposed to schedule a Skype call last year.

The way it works is mental. You have to dial in and then use the keypad on your phone to record possession, goals etc - like press 6 for home possession or 1 for a goal, then type in the number of the player who scored.

There's a bunch of penalties (financial) for not being there a certain time before the game, being a few seconds late reporting a goal etc.

It sounded like a nice idea but in reality I thought it was more trouble than it was worth. Although, if they now use an app instead it might be a lot easier

If you want to see the docs PM me your email address

ETA - it might not have been the same site I signed up to, but Im sure I registered with a couple and it turned out to be the same company behind the scenes.

22 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

How is the ipad battery doing @BigFatTabbyDave ? Have you mastered the device yet? 

Ha ha, very good! Quality stuff as per, m9.

Unrelated, but will you be at the next P&B meet-up?

45 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Ha ha, very good! Quality stuff as per, m9.

Unrelated, but will you be at the next P&B meet-up?

Yes, I’ll be the one in a suit of armour.

Edited by Shandon Par

On 03/06/2020 at 09:07, Stellaboz said:

Someone on here did it for Bet365 I think, can't remember who. Had to stay on the phone all game, no button pressing. Basically covers your expenses for the game. Mostly reserves and lower leagues.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Got to stay light on the toes granny. And if you've seen him on the beard thread, BFTD looks like he could be an extra in a GoT battle scene.

He also looks like the sort of guy who would bring a knife to a gun fight.