Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

He'd be making films for kids by now too.

I used to think middle=aged rockers were an embarrassment, but they've got nothing on the hip-hop crew.

Can you elaborate on this please, David?

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I'd like to think Eazy would come back exactly the same and make no concession whatsoever to the fact the world has moved on. Could see him pistol-whipping someone like Piers Morgan. 

And for that alone, you can count on my contribution to his crowd-funded resurrection.

What is the app that people use that shows where they've run their daft wee 5km? Going for a stroll later on and would be interested in having my walk detailed (Don't care about distances/times etc).

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What is the app that people use that shows where they've run their daft wee 5km? Going for a stroll later on and would be interested in having my walk detailed (Don't care about distances/times etc).

I've got Active10, free app from the NHS. Doesn't do anything fancy though I see they've recently upgraded it.

https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/active10/home

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

^^^^^ Trying to set up an alibi.

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Strava. 

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There are loads. Strava seems a popular one with folk in a group or runners, cyclists etc. I use Runkeeper. You can set the voice to "Mademoiselle". She says stuff like "ooh-la-la you were fast" or "think of all the pains au chocolat you can eat now" as you reach certain distances. At the end you get a map and all the details you could need in terms of elevation, time splits etc. 

24 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

There are loads. Strava seems a popular one with folk in a group or runners, cyclists etc. I use Runkeeper. You can set the voice to "Mademoiselle". She says stuff like "ooh-la-la you were fast" or "think of all the pains au chocolat you can eat now" as you reach certain distances. At the end you get a map and all the details you could need in terms of elevation, time splits etc. 

I've got no friends. She sounds nice. 

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Used to have Billy Connolly doing my satnav, she sounds a lot better.

38 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I'll second Runkeeper. 

Strava is good. You can get a free version. Measures, maps and times your exercise.