Quick Question Thread

I can get 96 for £30. Obviously, it's a lot of can to try and move on if it is indeed, shite. 

I’ve never tried it but after your crisps and buttons bargains I’d stick for the day and avoid 96 cans of fizzy pish.

Can anyone recommend something unblock a pipe? My bathroom sink doesn't drain away... at all, any more. I can't access any of the pipes (well, the ones I can access have no blockages) so I need something to put down the plughole. 

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Can anyone recommend something unblock a pipe? My bathroom sink doesn't drain away... at all, any more. I can't access any of the pipes (well, the ones I can access have no blockages) so I need something to put down the plughole. 

One of these, it pumps up and uses the compressed air to shift the blockage, Pango is the brand, available from merchants and Amazon.

See the source image

27 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Caustic soda is the cheap way of unblocking a sink. Nasty stuff though so wear gloves 

Once saw an episode of 999 with Michael Burke and it was a dramatization of a true story about a family who bought a pub and were doing it up when one of the teenage sons drank a bottle of what he thought was lemonade bit was really filled with caustic soda. Silly boy.

47 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Caustic soda is the cheap way of unblocking a sink. Nasty stuff though so wear gloves 

Which is why I recommended the compressed air gun.

If the chemical version doesn't work, the alternative is to start dismantling the trap/pipework.

Who wants that nasty stuff going all over the place?

57 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Once saw an episode of 999 with Michael Burke and it was a dramatization of a true story about a family who bought a pub and were doing it up when one of the teenage sons drank a bottle of what he thought was lemonade bit was really filled with caustic soda. Silly boy.

999 was a great show but pretty mental.

Highlights were the woman who impaled herself on spiked railings who then had to free herself and had to crawl along the street, rapidly losing blood, to get to her flat to phone the eponymous number, the person who got fucked up by a herd of stampeding cows and the person who slipped and put a javelin through their neck.

Wouldn't be surprised if @Shandon Par was on it one time.

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Forget the chemical products and go physical, get this down there.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/opener-unblock-er-Kitchen-Bathroom-Shower/dp/B00EE9F44K

Edit: Out of stock, find it elsewhere or maybe try one of those chemical unblockers 😉

Edited by Spring Onion

9 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Tennents?

On 03/05/2020 at 10:43, Sergeant Wilson said:

You've been made redundant by a pervy Doncaster supporter.

can I please just make it clear that Sarge is referring to Doncaster Rovers here and NOT Neil Doncaster

I have no issue with being reviled as a pervert with a predilection for indulging in the most appalling of deviant practices with absolute impunity - but it is a terrible slur on my already blemished character should anyone assume that I was in any way a supporter of that duplicitous, toadying twat rather than a merely a shitey football team from the arse end of yorkshire...

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

999 was a great show but pretty mental.

Highlights were the woman who impaled herself on spiked railings who then had to free herself and had to crawl along the street, rapidly losing blood, to get to her flat to phone the eponymous number, the person who got fucked up by a herd of stampeding cows and the person who slipped and put a javelin through their neck.

Wouldn't be surprised if @Shandon Par was on it one time.

The one with the javelin was particularly harrowing.

12 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Mines was blocked last week, just take the trap off, they’re plastic and only on hand tight, it will be blocked there. Found 4 cotton buds, a make up brush and hair in it 

2 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

A friend of mine is thinking of painting her oil tank black, it's green as seems all are.

Any reason why they are green and can she paint it black?

Surely green so they kind of blend in with the garden as that's where many are usually sited?

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

Surely green so they kind of blend in with the garden as that's where many are usually sited?

Yes likely. 

She painted her fence black and thinks a black oil tank would match better.

Can't see anything on Google as a guide. 

Just now, sureiknow said:

Yes likely. 

She painted her fence black and thinks a black oil tank would match better.

Can't see anything on Google as a guide. 

Might stand out like a sore thumb, each to their own though.

13 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Try some bog standard supermarket sink unblocker, followed by loads of hot water. I'd recommend sulphuric acid which is spectacularly effective, but it might melt your plumbing.

51 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Try some bog standard supermarket sink unblocker, followed by loads of hot water. I'd recommend sulphuric acid which is spectacularly effective, but it might melt your plumbing.

^^^ Jeffrey Dahmer found