Quick Question Thread

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

That's the problem with the bandwagon hounding posters on here, they don't know if the poster can shrug it off or if it's going to affect them badly.

I never had an issue with Moomintroll and wasn’t the one of these “bandwagon hounding posters” Bennett likes to Helen Lovejoy about on a regular basis.

But nobody knows the mental health state of a poster on here, regardless of whether they’ve resigned or not. I certainly wouldn’t use it as a weapon in an afterthought.

Come back Moomintroll, even if you thought being a Tory was so persecuted 

30 minutes ago, Dele said:

Can you refuse to be furloughed? What are the rules? 

My work have claimed to be essential, theyve tried to refuse the 2m rule, they've barely cleaned the fucking place (they even paid an outside hired  cleaner off and asked workers to clean up instead!) and have decided, now that they've done 3 month worth of orders for companies who have furloughed their workers, that they want people to take 6 weeks off losing about £100 a head a week just so they can save money. 

I think you can refused to be furloughed but would then have to accept redundancy which might not be a good alternative.

Not sure what the situation is if you are being asked to work in conditions that don’t comply with social distancing.  Grass them up anonymously to the local media?

I’d imagine your employers have a broad duty of care.  If anyone caught the thing due to being forced to work in unsafe conditions they may be liable but that probably doesn’t help you know.

16 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I never had an issue with Moomintroll and wasn’t the one of these “bandwagon hounding posters” Bennett likes to Helen Lovejoy about on a regular basis.

But nobody knows the mental health state of a poster on here, regardless of whether they’ve resigned or not. I certainly wouldn’t use it as a weapon in an afterthought.

Come back Moomintroll, even if you thought being a Tory was so persecuted 

No one said that you did have an issue with him, everything doesn't revolve around you.

11 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Everyone knows the thing to do when you get dragged through the dirt is to just log off for a week then come back and act like it never happened tbh. Flouncing off a fitba forum is a bit of an overreaction for what should be a fun passtime.

Some folk handle criticism differently, moomin could be a bit nippy at times but generally seemed ok and usually quite fair.

Edited by bennett
Auto type thingy

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I think you can refused to be furloughed but would then have to accept redundancy which might not be a good alternative.

Not sure what the situation is if you are being asked to work in conditions that don’t comply with social distancing.  Grass them up anonymously to the local media?

I’d imagine your employers have a broad duty of care.  If anyone caught the thing due to being forced to work in unsafe conditions they may be liable but that probably doesn’t help you know.

Aye, redundancy is something I've been actively staying with them for. The always get back up off their knees though. 

The social distancing "doesn't effect us as we work in manufacturing" then when they were told it was bullshit they said if they lost totals folk would lose their jobs. Guy went to union and they wanted individual meetings. He owned up and the meetings stopped. He hasn't been punished, per se, but they're being difficult. 

The working conditions thing doesn't really float. Too many yes men to make a change. Cheers for the info on redundancy though. There's the route I'll be hoping for. 

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

No one said that you did have an issue with him, everything doesn't revolve around you.

Some folk handle criticism differently, moomin could be a bit nippy at times but generally seemed ok and usually quite fair.

Nothing wrong with having a few Tory posters.  It gives us the opportunity to remind them and everyone else what c***s they are.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

I guess but if I was participating in [any social activity in the nation of Scotland] and was of that disposition I'd probably keep my tory politics quiet.

I don't think that moomin lives in Scotland and with the choices available down south I probably wouldn't have bothered voting at all. 

Kincardine seems to thrive on being a Tory voter, we all handle stuff differently. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Unsurprisingly the point was missed entirely, I hesitated to respond in case you thought I was bullying you. 

I really dont see what you get out of these type of posts but whatever floats your boat....

I guess but if I was participating in [any social activity in the nation of Scotland] and was of that disposition I'd probably keep my tory politics quiet.

Quite few folk on LinkedIn have outed themselves as Tories these last few weeks. They’ll live to regret that, hopefully [emoji120]

36 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Is there such a thing as an adblocker-blocker-blocker?

By this I mean an add on to firefox or whatever that stops that popup on some sites that ask you to disable your adblocker.

Removing your adblocker will stop that.   

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

@Bairnardo Did you find a solution to getting shot of all your garden waste or whatever it was you couldn’t bin or take to the dump?

Na not as yet. It was more that I was wanting to start a couple of jobs but didn't want to until I had a route for waste. I did speak to a skip guy who said he was hoping the tips would reopen this week but I am working until Sunday so just left it alone till i'm off again.

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Na not as yet. It was more that I was wanting to start a couple of jobs but didn't want to until I had a route for waste. I did speak to a skip guy who said he was hoping the tips would reopen this week but I am working until Sunday so just left it alone till i'm off again.

Well if you’re looking for a service look up Swift Shift and Distribution or something like that. My missus showed me their Facebook ad. Still working, SEPA registered etc. Based in Larbert as well. 

Edited by 8MileBU

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Well if you’re looking for a service look up Swift Shift and Distribution or something like that. My missus showed me their Facebook ad. Still working, SEPA registered etc. Based in Larbert as well. 

Sound I will check them out cheers for that

Has anyone else found the midges to be a whole lot more aggressive and out much earlier this year? 

Too long a story for here but I’ve had to be walking the mutt mainly on grass the last week or so and, from the knees down, my legs are a absolute fiery itching mess with bites. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Has anyone else found the midges to be a whole lot more aggressive and out much earlier this year? 

Too long a story for here but I’ve had to be walking the mutt mainly on grass the last week or so and, from the knees down, my legs are a absolute fiery itching mess with bites. 

Well, if you must wear the kilt...

On 16/04/2020 at 09:40, MixuFixit said:

Bit of a sad quote from you, mate.  I know you're a smart bloke but why the f**k should anyone keep their Tory politics quiet, "In the nation of Scotland"?

Are you grievance-junkies really so small-minded?

Checking Flight Radar to see what’s currently active c.5pm on Monday. (I know, it’s going to be a long week). There two planes up, both private jets, both out of Prestwick, with these - ummm - unconventional flight paths. Any ideas what they are up to? 

Looks like some sort of survey but they are too high and travelling too fast for anything meaningful. And PnBrs on Arran or the Kintyre peninsula shed any light? 

B5CB8578-8AF5-4D5E-AAF8-F08CD8906CFA.png

618918E9-532E-4499-B474-3116A7C5E623.png