Quick Question Thread

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not that it was ever that difficult anyway, but if there is an easy route into Mrs Par's knickers it's toast left to cool on a rack, served with plenty of butter. 

Last Tango in Pars.

4 hours ago, Dele said:

When we attach an image now, why does it come up as a download rather than the image itself? 

The Div-il makes work for idle hands...

Talking of which there's been less crashes since St Mirren stopped playing...

40 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I'm getting the impression that going for a walk in a country lane, where there are fewer people, is frowned upon, while walking in public areas is more acceptable - anyone else getting that?

Walking close to home seems to be the thing.

51 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I'm getting the impression that going for a walk in a country lane, where there are fewer people, is frowned upon, while walking in public areas is more acceptable - anyone else getting that?

All this shit will be heaven for busybodies everywhere. There was a guy in the bank the other day who literally had his toes over the yellow marker tape on the floor and the woman at the next till couldn't wait to say, "Excuse me, you're supposed to stand behind the lines to keep a safe distance". The guy looked a bit embarrassed and took a step back whilst this silly bint looked very proud of herself. As much as there has to be an element of self-policing, I would have very much been on his side if he'd told her to f**k off. 

It's not essential but who would be the best tradesman to replace an oven element?
I would do it myself but I'm not sure how to isolate the oven supply and if the wires fall down the back it's a nightmare.
I tried to grill hamburgers on it last year and think I had it on for too long and its a bit buckled.
Will have a spare so just a straight swap.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

It's not essential but who would be the best tradesman to replace an oven element?
I would do it myself but I'm not sure how to isolate the oven supply and if the wires fall down the back it's a nightmare.
I tried to grill hamburgers on it last year and think I had it on for too long and its a bit buckled.

YouTube it. It's a piece of piss. 

34 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Just switch off at the mains.

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Doesn't really make sense when you should be trying to avoid others.

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just switch off at the mains.

It’s flush with the wall and connected to flume thing. Also it’s massive, previous owners bought it. It works but I don’t want to f**k it up atm.

If it was easy access it would be a piece of piss, it’s earth live and neutral. No idea if it has a plug or wired back to circuit breaker. Will leave it.

Have you got a new element? It should be about 5mins max, take the cover plate off and have a look at it, should only be 2 or 3 screws

11 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Maybe if you weren't wearing that overcoat...

Flasher.jpg

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

If you're still worried about doing it yourself I'd phone up one of these kitchen appliance repair firms, telling them you have the part and asking what their call out fee is. At least if something unexpected is/goes wrong (unlikely) they should be able to fix it, unlike a bog standard electrician or whatever. Should cost you a minimum of £50 though, and make sure you don't let them invent another problem that needs fixing.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Why do tins of mushy peas (no matter where you get them from) never have lids with a pull off tab?

Not having a tin opener I have to use a hammer and chisel to get the fuckers open.

Why don't you have a tin opener?

I've got two in the house :P