Quick Question Thread

For the Excel gurus amongst us:
I currently have a chart with a logarithmic x-axis in which there is a big difference between 10-1000 and 1000-10,000 (black text).  However, what I want is for the spacing from 10-1000 to be the same as 1000-10,000, as I have drawn over the top in green text. 
Capture.JPG.bfdb24978d19db2803c40914ae078a76.JPG

Can the desired green option be done in Excel (and if so so, how)?  I've played around with the various values with no success. 
Big team found.

Can anyone remind me what the guy on twitter who pretends to talk in the ear of political leaders whilst they are doing speeches, looking for his most recent one when he is talking to Trump.

On 26/03/2020 at 13:06, mathematics said:

I wonder if they’ve just photoshopped it

would have been my suggestion, but none of the plotted points are distorted - unless you mean creating two separate sheets each using a different scale, then combining screen grabs of each one  - that might be the easiest option if you just want the graph purely as an illustration rather than having any functionality ???

For anyone who has seen the trailer for 4 kids and It, theres a wee guy who appears from the sand in it. 

Does anyone remember an old kids tv program or possibly film with a similar looking wee gadge who appeared from the sand? Talking early 90s probably

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

For anyone who has seen the trailer for 4 kids and It, theres a wee guy who appears from the sand in it. 

Does anyone remember an old kids tv program or possibly film with a similar looking wee gadge who appeared from the sand? Talking early 90s probably

It's Five Children and It and I think it used to be a TV series around then

3 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

would have been my suggestion, but none of the plotted points are distorted - unless you mean creating two separate sheets each using a different scale, then combining screen grabs of each one  - that might be the easiest option if you just want the graph purely as an illustration rather than having any functionality ???

That’s what I meant.

10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Who is @c*untardo and why is he repeatedly giving you reds @Bairnardo? Possibly the latest development in @Marshmallo‘s slow-burning meltdown?

I dont know. But some guy called Junior Pub League or some shit had a proper meltdown at me over a comment I made about tories in the Covid thread. 

I tend to think a doting account is just a friend you havent met yet so I certainly would welcome some friendly back and fore with my man cuntardo. If anything, just to congratulate them on that bit of wordplay. 

Edited by Bairnardo

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont know. But some guy called Junior Pub League or some shit had a proper meltdown at me over a comment I made about tories in the Covid thread. 

I tend to think a doting account is just a friend you havent met yet so I certainly would welcome some friendly back and fore with my man cuntardo. If anything, just to congratulate them on that bit of wordplay. 

Oh shut up you massive count. 

I recently changed electricity supplier. My meter is a pay as you go one, so I have to top it up every so often by taking the wee key thing to a shop.

Anyway, I've received a letter from the old company saying I owe them £15. How is that possible when it was a pay as you go account?

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I recently changed electricity supplier. My meter is a pay as you go one, so I have to top it up every so often by taking the wee key thing to a shop.

Anyway, I've received a letter from the old company saying I owe them £15. How is that possible when it was a pay as you go account?

Don't know, but if it was me I'd query it with the new company you switched to, presumably they have some arrangement with the old firm to arrange the switchover and fix the point on the balance on the meter when payment is transferred. Unless there is some closing account charge. Should have stuck with don't know really.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Don't know, but if it was me I'd query it with the new company you switched to, presumably they have some arrangement with the old firm to arrange the switchover and fix the point on the balance on the meter when payment is transferred. Unless there is some closing account charge. Should have stuck with don't know really.

I let the balance run down. When I first topped up with the new key is when the switch was official. There was no leaving charge from the old company.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I let the balance run down. When I first topped up with the new key is when the switch was official. There was no leaving charge from the old company.

When I had a key it let you go down to minus a fiver before the lights went off, could it have been that but £15 now?

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

When I had a key it let you go down to minus a fiver before the lights went off, could it have been that but £15 now?

Nah I didn't let it go in to the emergency credit.