Quick Question Thread

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Thank you.

Even if it is not small claims?

I take it you have a solicitor working on it?

If so they will let you known if you are required but I imagine they have all the information they need from you and just need to present it. The other side present theirs and the judge decides.

It's not like a criminal case where you will be cross examined.

You can always contact your solicitor to be sure.

ETA this is entirely based on the two times i have been involved rather than professional knowledge.

Also both settled week case was due to be heard 

Edited by invergowrie arab

45 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I take it you have a solicitor working on it?

If so they will let you known if you are required but I imagine they have all the information they need from you and just need to present it. The other side present theirs and the judge decides.

It's not like a criminal case where you will be cross examined.

You can always contact your solicitor to be sure.

ETA this is entirely based on the two times i have been involved rather than professional knowledge.

Also both settled week case was due to be heard 

I see, that's really informative. Thanks.

Yeah I have a solicitor, it's nearly 4 years in the making.

6 hours ago, L'immortale Par said:

It was a request by @Dele

Ciro “L’immortale” Di Marzio turned out to be not that immortal as he got shot and dumped off a yacht into the Bay of Naples (spoiler, sorry). 

He isn't dead. (spoiler, soz.) 

6 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've got Gomorrah lined up to watch at home. 

Enjoy it, it's absolutely brilliant television. 

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm going to invest in a new kitchen knife. Medium size, like a utility knife or a small 'chefs' knife.

Not too expensive but are there brands i should go for, or even avoid. How much gets me a good quality all purpose quality knife?

I hope you're not planning a murder spree, but if you are get one with a space in the handle to strap it into your hand.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

23 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm going to invest in a new kitchen knife. Medium size, like a utility knife or a small 'chefs' knife.

Not too expensive but are there brands i should go for, or even avoid. How much gets me a good quality all purpose quality knife?

I really rate this one, nice all rounder

IMG_20200219_191642.jpg

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

If you put an ice cube in a glass of water and wait for it to melt there is no difference in water level, so how come you hear people saying that sea levels will rise due to melting icebergs?

I reckon it’s because icebergs are said to be 90% below the waterline (just ask Capt EJ Smith (deceased)). It’s the 10% above the waterline that melts in that causes all the bother with the rising levels. That 10% above the waterline in your glass (probably less actually, as seawater is more buoyant than your drinking water so your ice cube, made from drinking water and sitting in drinking water, will likely sit lower) will be barely noticeable in such a small vessel. And then there’s evaporation that will happen during the time the ice takes to melt to also take into account that will further mitigate the noticeable rise in level. 

There’s not much on tv tonight, is there? 

Get a meat cleaver

They’re brilliant for all sorts of things