Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, bernardblack said:

How can home insurance cover water leakage but not pipe repair? Surely the pipe is causing the leak and hence will need repairing?

...but do you need the pipes? You only really need the boiler, and could carry the water to the radiators in your hands.

(there's an insurance job with my name on it somewhere)

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

My 3 year old's homework. Anyone any idea what language this is? Put it into Google and getting mixed messages. Think it might be Maori. IMG_20200203_135242448.jpeg

It's a Maori version of "if you're happy and you know it..."

Cheers. I knew what the song was because it's in English on the other side. I just hadn't a clue of the language. No idea why it's in that language either. Can't say I've seen many Kiwi's at her nursery...

36 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
41 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Cheers. I knew what the song was because it's in English on the other side. I just hadn't a clue of the language. No idea why it's in that language either. Can't say I've seen many Kiwi's at her nursery...

Easier to learn than Gaelic I suppose.

Ma tha thu toilichte agus gu bheil fios agad gu clap e do làmhan

Etc.

45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
51 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Does she go to school in a zoo or something?

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

^^^ Reported for Racism.

New Zealanders are people too!

I don't think I've ever met anybody from New Zealand in the flesh, although I have seen a kiwi in a zoo.

Therefore, I'm not convinced they are real people at all.  Perhaps the Australians are 'at it'.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

My 3 year old's homework. Anyone any idea what language this is? Put it into Google and getting mixed messages. Think it might be Maori. IMG_20200203_135242448.jpeg

Looked like the words to a haka to me 

After I last years downfall of card sharing, the Kodi set up being as slow as Berra and not trusting IPTV, I am going to bite the bullet and pay for TV again.

I currently get my phone & broadband through Sky but who offers the best deals/channels on TV? I want plenty Football (Scottish preferred), movies and kids.

So Virgin, Sky or BT?

Thank you.

After I last years downfall of card sharing, the Kodi set up being as slow as Berra and not trusting IPTV, I am going to bite the bullet and pay for TV again.

I currently get my phone & broadband through Sky but who offers the best deals/channels on TV? I want plenty Football (Scottish preferred), movies and kids.

So Virgin, Sky or BT?

Thank you.

What channels do you tend to watch on Sky? I gave up the ZGemma box and went with a NowTV stick. Haven't looked back. You get a shit ton of boxsets and the live channels are:-

Sky 1

Sky Atlantic

Sky Living

Sky Arts

Sky Comedy

Fox

GOLD

Comedy Central

MTV

Discovery Channel

Nat Geo Wild

£8.99 for that but I think I've paid that about 3 months. The best thing for me is that you go online and threaten to leave and they reduce the price. I'm currently paying £5.49 for 5 months.

You can get the same thing with the Movies pass. £11.99 a month but I'm currently £7.19.

You do get Sports passes and they are £9.99 a day, £14.99 a week or £30odd a month. Not sure how that compares to actually having Sky.

NowTV, Netflix and Cooncil TV is enough for me tbh and doesn't break the bank.

Edited, Kids is £3.99 a month on it as well. Never had that but I assume it's the channels you'd get on Sky normally.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What channels do you tend to watch on Sky? I gave up the ZGemma box and went with a NowTV stick. Haven't looked back. You get a shit ton of boxsets and the live channels are:-

Sky 1

Sky Atlantic

Sky Living

Sky Arts

Sky Comedy

Fox

GOLD

Comedy Central

MTV

Discovery Channel

Nat Geo Wild

£8.99 for that but I think I've paid that about 3 months. The best thing for me is that you go online and threaten to leave and they reduce the price. I'm currently paying £5.49 for 5 months.

You can get the same thing with the Movies pass. £11.99 a month but I'm currently £7.19.

You do get Sports passes and they are £9.99 a day, £14.99 a week or £30odd a month. Not sure how that compares to actually having Sky.

NowTV, Netflix and Cooncil TV is enough for me tbh and doesn't break the bank.

Edited, Kids is £3.99 a month on it as well. Never had that but I assume it's the channels you'd get on Sky normally.

Never even thought about Now TV. Just always thought it was an on demand thing.

Will look into that too, thanks.