Quick Question Thread

Done for speeding last weekend. Dead annoying.

But why would I get a Notice of Intended prosecution letter rather an automatic speeding fine?

I've not had any points for a few years - I presumed they had expired. And I was doing 82 in a 70 - so surely not a high speeding offence?

Would it be because it was a police car with a gun rather than a stationary speed camera?

19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

But why would I get a Notice of Intended prosecution letter rather an automatic speeding fine?

I've not had any points for a few years - I presumed they had expired. And I was doing 82 in a 70 - so surely not a high speeding offence?

Would it be because it was a police car with a gun rather than a stationary speed camera?

This is usually to confirm you were driving the vehicle and that you're not challenging it. I think you just send it back accepting and then the fine and points will come through later.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I got done for speeding by traffics, they have me fix penalty notice as I just had go to local court and pay it.

I got done for speeding by traffics, they have me fix penalty notice as I just had go to local court and pay it.
Did they stop you?

I got caught by a speed gun, bit wasn't pulled over.

I just don't remember the notice of prosecution before - it was more of a straight fine and three points.

I initially thought this was more serious but think it just wants me to accept responsibility before issuing the fine.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Did they stop you?

I just don't remember the notice of prosecution before - it was more of a straight fine and three points.

I initially thought this was more serious but think it just wants me to accept responsibility before issuing the fine.

If you weren’t pulled over that’s even more credence to the nip being the warning. If you’re pulled over the chat they have with you serves as the nip. You’re fine, don’t worry. 

21 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Did they stop you?

Yeah, was up north, saw the lights so slowed and pulled over to let them past....turns out they didn’t want past.

The guy said, if you get in the car we’ll process this as quickly as possible. So I got back in my car, he chaps window and says, I meant the police car 😳

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Points expire after 3 years but stay in your licence for 4. A total of 12 live points means "totting up" applies and you get a ban for being a speeding cnut.

If you do,say, 60 in a 30 zone you might be prosecuted for a Section 2 (of the Road Traffic Act 1988) which is dangerous driving. You would be banned for at least a year AND have to take and pass the extended driving test before getting your licence back. I wish a polis had been around to catch the cnut who tried to overtake me just as the road went down from a dual carriageway to single by Torness because Mr Audi w****r would definitely be facing a S2...

Points expire after 3 years but stay in your licence for 4. A total of 12 live points means "totting up" applies and you get a ban for being a speeding cnut.
If you do,say, 60 in a 30 zone you might be prosecuted for a Section 2 (of the Road Traffic Act 1988) which is dangerous driving. You would be banned for at least a year AND have to take and pass the extended driving test before getting your licence back. I wish a polis had been around to catch the cnut who tried to overtake me just as the road went down from a dual carriageway to single by Torness because Mr Audi w****r would definitely be facing a S2...
I'm pretty sure I have no live points at the moment then, maybe 3 at the most. And 82 in a 70 isn't going to get me a section 2.

Thanks to everyone for easing my concerns.

16 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I think under the new Brexit laws you get your right foot chopped off rather than three points.

55 minutes ago, 101 said:

Is a sugar piece a thing? Never heard of it let alone tried one

Absolutely. Was popular in my house when I was wee until it was sadly replaced by the crisp butty.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

55 minutes ago, MSU said:

Absolutely. Was popular in my house when I was wee until it was sadly replaced by the crisp butty.

I've always wondered about this, do you have butter with it? How much sugar?

I've always wondered about this, do you have butter with it? How much sugar?

There is an Australian version called fairy bread but uses hundreds and thousands instead of sugar. It’s common at kids birthday parties. Revolting stuff but not quite as revolting as vegemite.IMG_1580603756.480347.jpg

On 01/02/2020 at 08:56, Shandon Par said:

I think under the new Brexit laws you get your right foot chopped off rather than three points.

That would still qualify you to drive an Uber taxi, the road law ignoring brainless wanks..

14 hours ago, 101 said:

Absolutely. Even better is chopped up banana on a buttered sandwich sprinkled with sugar. 

29 minutes ago, Nick_BCFC said:

Who was that poster who said he’d fucked Hayden Panettiere?

@DAFC, I think.