Quick Question Thread

28 minutes ago, LinkinFighter said:

Heading through to Edinburgh next Friday for a gig and plan to stay out after it. Any recommendations for a nightclub that is similar to places like Firewater, Audio or Bloc?  

Cav. Bring yer maw.

8 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I also watched a film last night where a guy was sliced open with a sword and his internal organs fell out - The Devil's Double about Uday Hussein. 

Great film, the books good as well.

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

He was excellent in Cop Land but I really think his most under rated performance came in STOP! Or My Mom Will Shoot. A disgrace the Academy ignored him in that classic.

Any reviews of his performance in Brigitte Neilsen ?

Or any footage ?

Edited by A96

14 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

He put in an excellent performance in Copland.  

And the first Rambo film is often lumped in with the cartoonish follow ups, but it's a great movie and performance from Sly.

eta: and the first Rocky film, and the recent Rocky Balboa are great companion pieces.  The Creed films too, to a lesser extent.

Made a great Judge Dredd too ..

Spoiler

There, that's got you wound up now. Splundig Vir thrigg!

The guitar maker Fender have been fined for preventing on-line discounting of its products as it’s against completion laws.  Yet Apple also refuse to allow its products to be discount; anyone know why they can get away with this?

Which P&B'er paid money to the boys at 5's tonight to absolutely leather the ball off [mention=70922]Melanius Mullarkey[/mention] at every opportunity?
The boy is going to wake up the morn with more bruises than a week ripe banana!

Would like to distance myself from this but I do fully endorse it. If that person speaks up and wants their future fees paid to continue their good work I’m sure we can set up a pm group with willing contributors.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The guitar maker Fender have been fined for preventing on-line discounting of its products as it’s against completion laws.  Yet Apple also refuse to allow its products to be discount; anyone know why they can get away with this?

More expensive lawyers probably.

https://www.macworld.com/article/2024257/how-apple-sets-its-prices.html

Guest Moomintroll
Which P&B'er paid money to the boys at 5's tonight to absolutely leather the ball off [mention=70922]Melanius Mullarkey[/mention] at every opportunity?
Can i set up a weekly Direct Debit?

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
16 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Can i set up a weekly Direct Debit?

Yes sure, I will PM you my...erm...the culprits details.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Anyone having issues getting onto Wikipedia?  Doesn't seem to load any pages for me today.

Working fine here.

Any particular page you're trying to access?