Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Thanks folks. Booked for the evening of Sat 18th. Get a good feed before heading out to 12 Ruel St.

C87F5399-49BC-4AAD-8B48-B3C7D7833B21.jpeg

Enjoy. Probably the best restaurant in Glasgow IMO. Staff are good too and down to earth, for a ‘poncy’ restaurant. 

22 hours ago, alta-pete said:

All within a block or so. If you don't get yer nat king after taking her to any of these you may as well give up.

If he's picking her up at Blythswood Square isn't that guaranteed?

13 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've had massages from both sexes, but the absolute best, hardest, deepest massage I've ever had was from a huge local woman in Fiji.  She had hands like shovels and I genuinely have never felt as good after a massage. 

Once the feeling that I'd been roughly assaulted had worn off. 

Hands like shovels and thumbs like Shrek’s? 

18 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

How? What happens at Blythswood Square? 

It used to be a place where lots of strange men would drive around slowly looking for a decent restaurant and there were lots of women hanging about to provide directions for them.

.. or something like that.

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

It used to be a place where lots of strange men would drive around slowly looking for a decent restaurant and there were lots of women hanging about to provide directions for them.

.. or something like that.

Staying at Blythswood Square that night so will be sure to ask one of these helpful ladies for directions if we’re struggling to find our way around.

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Staying at Blythswood Square that night so will be sure to ask one of these helpful ladies for directions if we’re struggling to find our way around.

I was only fishing for bites. It seems these ladies were moved on in the 90s and haven't been back since. Or so a friend tells me..

But if you are in the Blythswood definitely do the spa - its not normally my type of thing but well worth a look in. Not sure if that big thumbed Fijian masseuse is stll there but you never know your luck..

8 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I was only fishing for bites. It seems these ladies were moved on in the 90s and haven't been back since. Or so a friend tells me..

But if you are in the Blythswood definitely do the spa - its not normally my type of thing but well worth a look in. Not sure if that big thumbed Fijian masseuse is stll there but you never know your luck..

Lucky for them to be moved on otherwise Sebu and Dee Man would be round to pick them up in their trucks to murder them.

Got a couples massage booked there too so will see how the Weegie thumbs compare to their East Coast counterparts.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Well, my knowledge of the area comes from a 1975 Billy Connolly album so I'm not surprised to learn that things have changed.

They were moved away from the square and down to the current drag in the early 80's.

12 hours ago, alta-pete said:

A little masseuse,
Sat in her hoose,
Waiting for clients to come by,
She stuck her big thumb,
Right up alta-pete's bum...

..so he booted her right in the pie! 

How cheap are we talking? I'd say Bon Accord, Rhoderick Dhu or Horseshoe depending on where you are classing as "city centre".
You'll be able to get something in a restaurant almost as cheap btw depending on what you fancy.
I'm going to a gig at Classic Grand so aiming for around the Central station area. Rhoderick Dhu/Horseshoe look spot on, cheers. Crystal Palace Wetherspoons is grim as f**k so anything has to be better than that.

4 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

If I eat cannabis edibles will I get the munchies and if so would it make me just eat more?  I see a kind of painting the Forth Road bridge thing here.

The only time I ate one I just felt sick. Not wanting to vomit sick, that pit of the stomach 'I can shit myself at any second' sick. Decent buzz though. 

On 10/01/2020 at 21:33, BillyAnchor said:

If I eat cannabis edibles will I get the munchies and if so would it make me just eat more?  I see a kind of painting the Forth Road bridge thing here.

Here's the thing about edibles. Take a toot on a joint and you'll feel the effects pretty quickly. So you can take another one or not, finish the whole thing or not, as you wish. Edibles on the other hand, have a tendency to sneak up on you and it's common to keep eating them, thinking they aren't working for you, until all of a sudden you're baked out of your box. Fine if that's what you're looking for but much less easy to control your  buzz.

Assuming you don't edible yourself into a catatonic state right off the bat, you will get the munchies. The trick at this point, is to munch on something non-Cannabis based. What you should definitely not do is look at the kitchen counter and think "Ooh, brownies. Perfect." Should you do this, you're unlikely to keep eating indefinitely, Forth bridge style. Instead you'll almost certainly find yourself in the aforementioned catatonic state. And this can be distressing for any loved ones who have not been partaking.

Or so a mate tells me.

Edited by Shotgun