Quick Question Thread

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I know there is no shortage of decent scran in Glasgow but can anyone suggest somewhere not far from Blythswood Square? The poncier the better. 

I've heard good things about Brian Maule on West Regent Street.  Think it will meet your poncy requirements.

I've heard good things about Brian Maule on West Regent Street.  Think it will meet your poncy requirements.

I wasnt a huge fan, all style no substance and the food made it quite clear why he’s not achieved a michelin star yet. If you want good food i’d say go for a booking at ox and finch or the gannet, albeit they are a bit further away.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I know there is no shortage of decent scran in Glasgow but can anyone suggest somewhere not far from Blythswood Square? The poncier the better. 

Brian Maule as mentioned. The building is getting a bit grubby now though

Red Onion (John Quigley)

Two Fat Ladies (predominantly fish menu)

All within a block or so. If you don't get yer nat king after taking her to any of these you may as well give up.

And The State is only down the bottom of the hill and along a wee bit off the western side of the Square if your curiosity has been piqued..  

9 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Brian Maule as mentioned. The building is getting a bit grubby now though

Red Onion (John Quigley)

Two Fat Ladies (predominantly fish menu)

All within a block or so. If you don't get yer nat king after taking her to any of these you may as well give up.

And The State is only down the bottom of the hill and along a wee bit off the western side of the Square if your curiosity has been piqued..  

I can confirm Red Onion is really nice

Marble Global Buffet is a 15 minute walk. Never seen so much choice at an all you can eat before and it's food from different nations as well. You won't struggle to find something you like. Decent soft drinks as well, not cheap shite imitations.

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Marble Global Buffet is a 15 minute walk. Never seen so much choice at an all you can eat before and it's food from different nations as well. You won't struggle to find something you like. Decent soft drinks as well, not cheap shite imitations.

That would suit me fine but would guarantee Mrs Par’s knickers would stay firmly on.

Edited by Shandon Par

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
That would suit me fine but would guarantee Mrs Par’s knickers would stay firmly on.

They serve scallops. Just say you paid extra for such a delicacy.

Bloody hell. I could bankrupt the place with scallops on offer. Much of Dunfermline’s £10mil debt was from me taking advantage of their old “drink as much as you want” hospitality deals. 

Bloody hell. I could bankrupt the place with scallops on offer. Much of Dunfermline’s £10mil debt was from me taking advantage of their old “drink as much as you want” hospitality deals. 
Do it, you know you want to. FWIW you'll be too full for your hole afterwards anyway.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

With any luck, yes.

Apologies, I was a bit busy earlier to expand. Gamba is the correct answer. Geographically it is spot on, the food looks so pretty that the Mrs can take a photo, and most importantly it tastes fucking amazing. You can thank me and @MONKMAN later.