Quick Question Thread

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yes I also inherited this oven when I moved in, so I don't have any manuals to tell me how to do this. I will be following your lead and pressing everything until something happens.

I also find that swearing at it whilst pushing the button seems to help.  Dunno why, just does.

Eta:  Of course, you could always just turn the oven up full-blast if you're struggling to turn it on.   Seems to be the advice for most things on here anyway.

Edited by Hedgecutter

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yes I also inherited this oven when I moved in, so I don't have any manuals to tell me how to do this. I will be following your lead and pressing everything until something happens.

You normally need to press more than one button at once to set the clock. Just run your thumb over the buttons and that should do. 

My oven clock is still stuck on summer time. The only way to alter the time is to kill the power to it first and without resorting to ripping the kitchen apart it means switching it off at the fuse box. This is very high up by the front door and I just can't be arsed. 

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

At least you got a spare element out of it.

image.thumb.png.461f03e3a6bc1223e3c71fc54bc645e5.png

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

At least you got a spare element out of it.

Unfortunately not, after the first power cut the timer was reset and the element was fucked still wasn't working. On inspection there were clear signs of damage and it's now in the bin. I'd just completely forgot about the timer this time round, will try it when I get home.

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

You'll all be delighted to know my oven now works. I'd just like to thank all of you for advice in my time of need. I pressed all the buttons together, then mashed a few on their own, it beeped and I can now fill my belly with oven cooked goodness. 

homer.jpg.c679579f9cd1a0df61edcf758485d193.jpg

homer2.jpg.c5b6a313163bdacd8e66f1c50b8775f1.jpg

Sounds like you pulled a Moonster there.. 

12 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Looking for pub recommendations in Arbroath for a friday/saturday night. Only know the commercial inn which we will go to but wanting to hit up a few others. Suggestions with good food and/or pool tables welcome.

The Pageant. 

Tutties. 

De Vitos. 

ETA : Coast. 

Edited by Dele

Can anyone recommend a good barbers in Glasgow? Going to a wedding next weekend and don't want to trust the local chop shop with what should be a routine tidy up.

If you’re a short back n sides type it’s City Barbers on W Nile St.

If you’re a hipster w**k it’s Mohair on the Saltmarket.

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

See the places that replace phone screens etc, do they replace the glass on the back of phones? You know the bit that morons like me smash and it makes their phone look fucking shit...

Samsung btw.

It might fvuk up your warranty tho.

On 12/11/2019 at 15:41, virginton said:

Can anyone recommend a good barbers in Glasgow? Going to a wedding next weekend and don't want to trust the local chop shop with what should be a routine tidy up.

It’s more than a barber you need for a tidy up. 

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

What happens to hamsters in pet shops when they are too old to be kept together in the same space say at about 10 weeks?

Same goes for other small creatures like gerbils, mice and rats, what happens to them when they are fully grown on display in pet shops?

Have you ever seen a skinny snake in a pet shop? Makes you think...

43 minutes ago, Snafu said:

What happens to hamsters in pet shops when they are too old to be kept together in the same space say at about 10 weeks?

Same goes for other small creatures like gerbils, mice and rats, what happens to them when they are fully grown on display in pet shops?

they reduce the price until they sell them and if that does not work they give them away or one of the staff members take them