Quick Question Thread

My work are doing the sub crawl for our Xmas night out. Presumably you buy a single ticket and get off/on at each station? Any other top tips from anyone who's done it?
All day ticket is £4.20, can use it as many times as you like.

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

My work are doing the sub crawl for our Xmas night out. Presumably you buy a single ticket and get off/on at each station? Any other top tips from anyone who's done it?

Drink some water from puddles as you go, prevents dehydration and alleviates next day's hangover.

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The Louden Tavern will have an Irish Karaoke going no doubt.   Cant remember if they prefer Norther or Southern Irish but Im sure if you belt out the Fields of Athenry you'll be fine in these enlightened times. 

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

There are a couple of stops on the "here be dragons" Govan side where by the time you get to the nearest pub you're quicker walking to the next station than hoofing it back the way you came.

Also, don't start it at three or four in the afternoon 'cos chances are you won't get it finished. It takes longer than you'd think.

28 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Just don't take yer pal from Extinction Rebellion.

47 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

26 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

There are a couple of stops on the "here be dragons" Govan side where by the time you get to the nearest pub you're quicker walking to the next station than hoofing it back the way you came.

Also, don't start it at three or four in the afternoon 'cos chances are you won't get it finished. It takes longer than you'd think.

Start at George Square, and go round clockwise, that way you'll do the Southside first, and get it our of the way before it's TOO dark and you still have some semblance of your wits about you.  Also. you'll hit Partick and the decent chippy at the right time for food to be taken onboard.

@Hillonearth is right, it took us 10.5 hours last year.

56 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Also, don't get all gallus like I did and do this on the escalator.  Unless you want a fairly pissed-off SPTE employee waiting for you at the top to give you a row in front of all your workmates.

Capture.JPG

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Also, don't get all gallus like I did and do this on the escalator.  Unless you want a fairly pissed-off SPTE employee waiting for you at the top to give you a row in front of all your workmates.

Capture.JPG

I'm not too keen on the face tattoo.

Thank you.

19 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Third time round is when it time to go home.