Quick Question Thread

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Is there some kind of Chinese convention in Edinburgh? I’m on a flight to Heathrow and it’s 99.9% Chinese folk.

There are a lot of Chinese students at the Yooni. Freshers' Week was last week. Perhaps its Mr and Mrs Honest and in no way Corrupt Party Cadre flying back after seeing off their offspring. 

9 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

If anyone is looking for me tomorrow, I’ll be at the Royal Society.

The Royal Society is a Fellowship of many of the world's most eminent scientists

What the f**k are you doing there then?

53 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

What the f**k are you doing there then?

"Mister Mullarkey, when we invited you to present your paper on greener concrete, we thought you were suggesting a means of mitigating its massive contribution to global warming, not making it match the colour of your trousers. You stupid boy."

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
He’s giving a talk on scoring own goals.

Cumulative enviromental impact of firing up a standard household cooker each time a 40 a day smoker wants a tab was what I heard.

The toaster is just as effective at lighting a tab. Maybe he could do another phd comparing the impact of both? 

48 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The toaster is just as effective at lighting a tab. Maybe he could do another phd comparing the impact of both? 

The cooker is fine when it's a brand-new cigarette he's lighting. When it's a dout picked out of the gutter it can lead to loss of eyebrows.

6 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Is there a decent taxi app that works in Glasgow (that isn't Uber)?

I use Mytaxi/Free now in Dublin which is a piece of piss to use but apparently that isn't used in Glasgow. I can't bring myself to the indignity of phoning someone/paying cash.

Hampden Cars.

Is there a decent taxi app that works in Glasgow (that isn't Uber)?

I use Mytaxi/Free now in Dublin which is a piece of piss to use but apparently that isn't used in Glasgow. I can't bring myself to the indignity of phoning someone/paying cash.

Glasgow Private Hire. Maybe a wee bit beak as an extra too. If that’s your sort of thing...