Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

At least those of us with 'Dee' in our usernames are not scared to show where our allegiances lie, DO YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING, MIGUEL?

Was that you in the suit?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-49646575/hunt-for-cyclist-who-headbutted-pedestrian-to-ground

57 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Anyone attempted a DIY repair of a cracked phone screen? Seen kits on eBay for about £15 but I'm scared I'll just end up killing my phone.

Get someone who does it all day as a living to do it, probably won't cost much more in one of these wee market shops. 

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Had the guy in the suit stayed on his feet then chased the getaway cyclist down the street before, erm, restraining him, then that would've been my incident. 

I am fucking seething watching that. Having obviously only witnessed my assault from my own POV, I've never imagined what it would look like for a 3rd party. No wonder the old boy from Yorkshire who was main witness seemed more raging than I was at the time. What a legend in the courtroom he was. Some boy. 

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Had the guy in the suit stayed on his feet then chased the getaway cyclist down the street before, erm, restraining him, then that would've been my incident. 

I am fucking seething watching that. Having obviously only witnessed my assault from my own POV, I've never imagined what it would look like for a 3rd party. No wonder the old boy from Yorkshire who was main witness seemed more raging than I was at the time. What a legend in the courtroom he was. Some boy. 

Seen a few cycle rage incidents in Edinburgh (none involving me) and it usually looks to me like it's adrenaline or low blood sugar. Normal-seeming folk just flying off the handle. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Get someone who does it all day as a living to do it, probably won't cost much more in one of these wee market shops. 

Depending on the phone, it can cost £70. You can get the kit for a tenth of that and and watch a video step by step as you do it yourself. 

14 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
17 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Don't get that. Viticulturists anyway.

You can file that alongside sandwich artist and sanitation engineer in the job title euphemisms drawer. "Farmer" is the correct terminology.

Edinburgh trams have Ticketing Services Assistants instead of conductors.

On 10/09/2019 at 20:20, Shandon Par said:

Seen a few cycle rage incidents in Edinburgh (none involving me) and it usually looks to me like it's adrenaline or low blood sugar. Normal-seeming folk just flying off the handle. 

It's because a lot of Edinburgh cycling bell ends seem to have a sense of entitlement. Which is kind of understandable when battling the fume belching internal combustion engine but not so understandable when I, as a pedestrian, point out that cycling on the pavement is potentially dangerous to my health. The loathsome smug lyric clad leg shaving cnuts. 

31 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can someone explain to me what the f**k this is?! 

Screenshot_20190817-135920_Instagram.jpg

Is it some kind of torture kit for cats? I can't imagine a cat going anything other that fucking mental if you put one of these on its head!