Quick Question Thread

My flight's been cancelled. I'm still at the airport six hours later waiting on being rebooked. I'm getting put up in a hotel for the night. Can I rip the piss with an expensive, boozy meal and claim the money back in compensation on top of the standard compensation fee?

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

My flight's been cancelled. I'm still at the airport six hours later waiting on being rebooked. I'm getting put up in a hotel for the night. Can I rip the piss with an expensive, boozy meal and claim the money back in compensation on top of the standard compensation fee?

I'd give it a go, but Citizens Advice say they're unlikely to pay. What do they know though, the clerk processing it probably doesn't give a f**k.

Airlines only pay for ‘reasonable’ expenses - you are unlikely to get money back for alcohol, expensive meals or luxury hotels.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/

17 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

They'll probably give you £X towards it, and anything you paid over that will be on you.

Has anyone else had a nasty 24 hour type bug of late? Yesterday morning I began feeling symptoms of the common cold and my day got progressively worse until I got home and felt absolutely awful, couldn’t eat my dinner and could hardly climb the stairs to bed before shaking like f**k and sweating buckets like I never have before to the extent I couldn’t even get out of bed. Ended up sleeping the best part of 12 hours and now feel fine but it was terrifying for a while.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Has anyone else had a nasty 24 hour type bug of late? Yesterday morning I began feeling symptoms of the common cold and my day got progressively worse until I got home and felt absolutely awful, couldn’t eat my dinner and could hardly climb the stairs to bed before shaking like f**k and sweating buckets like I never have before to the extent I couldn’t even get out of bed. Ended up sleeping the best part of 12 hours and now feel fine but it was terrifying for a while.

Could have been a "24-hr flu" type bug, throbber, a mild form of gastroenteritis, quite common around this type of year.

I'd take the rest of today off & drink plenty fluids (not budweiser though)

😀

You're literally living The Bedroom Secrets of the Master chefs.

For years you've drunk and eaten what you wanted with no consequence, it's somehow flipped again.

5 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Could have been a "24-hr flu" type bug, throbber, a mild form of gastroenteritis, quite common around this type of year.

I'd take the rest of today off & drink plenty fluids (not budweiser though)

😀

Everyone in my house had it the other month except myself so I thought I'd dodged a bullet and was bragging about how hardcore an immune system I must have, until I was struck down by the worst strain of everyone and was bed bound for a couple of days. Horrible. 

I was going to say I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy but I absolutely would. Surely you want your enemies to suffer? Especially your worst ones. That's a stupid saying. 

On 30/08/2019 at 21:17, DiegoDiego said:
On 30/08/2019 at 21:07, Sergeant Wilson said:
Are you? I wish you'd said.

Why?

I'm not trying to stir shit up or anything but I think he's insinuating that you've mentioned it a fair bit. Again, I'm not trying to stir things up, but I think you should let him know what you think of that. 

25 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Why do women keep phones in their back pockets and men in their front pockets?

No idea, but I think there may be a connection with:

Me: Phone kept in front pocket, or inside jacket pocket.

Mrs WRK: Phone kept in handbag or coat pocket.

Rosettes: Phones kept (partly) in back pockets - winds me up to see expensive tech about to fall out.

Broken screens:

Me : None (Touches wood). Although I have cracked a couple of Kindles over the years.

Mrs WRK: None.

Rosettes : Literally, at least once a month between the forur of them. Madness, especially as the responsibility for fixing them is on the user in our family.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

No idea, but I think there may be a connection with:

Me: Phone kept in front pocket, or inside jacket pocket.

Mrs WRK: Phone kept in handbag or coat pocket.

Rosettes: Phones kept (partly) in back pockets - winds me up to see expensive tech about to fall out.

Broken screens:

Me : None (Touches wood). Although I have cracked a couple of Kindles over the years.

Mrs WRK: None.

Rosettes : Literally, at least once a month between the forur of them. Madness, especially as the responsibility for fixing them is on the user in our family.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/06/incredible-moment-man-83mph-rollercoaster-catches-dropped-phone-10696714/