Quick Question Thread

Is Biactol still a thing? I remember my acne ridden uncle had it in his bathroom and I inexplicably used it to wash my face. The pain was not dissimilar to what I imagine an acid attack victim has to endure.

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

What’s the best/quickest way to get rid of a massive plook (not yet ripe) that’s bubbling up on my nose? My son gets married on Saturday & don’t want to appear like John Merrick in the pics. Any (sensible) suggestions?
As an aside, I used to be a plooky teenager, but now have fairly healthy skin & haven’t encountered a spot / boil for the last 20 years.

You’re gonna need a knife.

2 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

What’s the best/quickest way to get rid of a massive plook (not yet ripe) that’s bubbling up on my nose? My son gets married on Saturday & don’t want to appear like John Merrick in the pics. Any (sensible) suggestions?
As an aside, I used to be a plooky teenager, but now have fairly healthy skin & haven’t encountered a spot / boil for the last 20 years.

Your wife’s make up.

Your wife’s make up.

@Brother Blades If she has skincare products rather than make up, then salicylic acid is good for spots. Dab a wee bit on the plook with a cotton pad. Failing that, Sudacrem is pretty good too but watch it doesn't rub off onto your pillow at night.

Cheer up, BB; one of our resident Photoshop experts will be able to retroactively sort out your plukey nose, nae bather. Nobody will be any the wiser.

Spoiler

noseless-celebrities1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I've had what I think is conjunctivitis for over a week and a half and eye drop antibiotics aren't helping.

If it makes you feel better, the ladies love a pirate.

Yes, and there’s been cases of people dying from steroid abuse - therefore, “what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger.”
I can't let this slide.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Except steroids... Doesn't work.

If they've killed you then they've killed you. If they've not, they've made you stronger.

It only works when the 'except' thing is something that doesn't kill you but actually makes you weaker.... Like polio!

53 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I've had what I think is conjunctivitis for over a week and a half and eye drop antibiotics aren't helping.

You have what you think is conjunctivitis ?  Have you considered getting a second opinion ?....... maybe from a doctor ?

Alternatively , do a swap with Brotherblades.  You can give him your eye drops to see if they get rid of his plooks. 

And you can pretend to be his wife. If you're convincing enough ,  your conjunctivitis'll be the least of your worries