Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Wasnt really sure where to put this, but as I just read the spiel on BBC ablut Wolves disallowed goal there.... Seemingly the new rule is that any goal scored or created with use of an arm, whether accidental or not, will be disallowed.

Fancy way of saying if it hits your arm it is a foul end of story.

Thats all well and good but unless I am behind here, thats not the rule for the defending team is it? So are we not in IMO the utterly ridiculous position of defining a foul differently based purely on whether you are the attacking or defending team?

What is it about handball that turns football authorities into absolute incompetents?

What if you defend a cross and its hits your arm as you jump which starts the attack, is it a deffensive handball because you clear the ball or is it an attacking handball because you start a counter attack. Its a total farce

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

What if you defend a cross and its hits your arm as you jump which starts the attack, is it a deffensive handball because you clear the ball or is it an attacking handball because you start a counter attack. Its a total farce

You've just made me annoyed now remembering that cup final where Bobo Balde, playing for the perennially hard done-by local team,  punched a clearance upfield to set up Larsson for the equaliser. 

Why do punters at festivals (& other large public events) think it's a hilarious must do to get a picture taken with a copper? Especially if they can get a 'shot' of their hat?
It's not like seeing a police officer is an unusual occurrence.
Especially when its widely known that All Cops are b*****ds

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Wasnt really sure where to put this, but as I just read the spiel on BBC ablut Wolves disallowed goal there.... Seemingly the new rule is that any goal scored or created with use of an arm, whether accidental or not, will be disallowed.

Fancy way of saying if it hits your arm it is a foul end of story.

Thats all well and good but unless I am behind here, thats not the rule for the defending team is it? So are we not in IMO the utterly ridiculous position of defining a foul differently based purely on whether you are the attacking or defending team?

What is it about handball that turns football authorities into absolute incompetents?

I must really be missing something here. If an attacker handles the ball, accidental or not, and it goes in the net then the goal is disallowed. I don't see anything wrong with that.

If a defender handles the ball, accidental or not, and it goes in the net then it's a goal, unless the ref has already blown for a penalty.

Where's the difficulty in that?

45 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I must really be missing something here. If an attacker handles the ball, accidental or not, and it goes in the net then the goal is disallowed. I don't see anything wrong with that.

If a defender handles the ball, accidental or not, and it goes in the net then it's a goal, unless the ref has already blown for a penalty.

Where's the difficulty in that?

No... If an attacker benefits from handball regardless of intention and with zero interpretation, then a goal is disallowed. 

If a defender benefits from a handball, all sorts of interpretations including intention are applied to see if theres a foul. 

Pretty clear discrepancy no?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

No... If an attacker benefits from handball regardless of intention and with zero interpretation, then a goal is disallowed. 

If a defender benefits from a handball, all sorts of interpretations including intention are applied to see if theres a foul. 

Pretty clear discrepancy no?

Okay, I get it now. I wasn't aware the ref could still use his judgement where a defender's handball was concerned.

(Other than the usual "Is the defender wearing a Celtic top? Yes? Play on!")

Edited by GordonD

Well I'm assuming they can. There was all that silhouette pish talk during the summer. Its not straight up if it hits arm its a penalty afaik

Okay, I get it now. I wasn't aware the ref could still use his judgement where a defender's handball was concerned.
(Other than the usual "Is the defender wearing a Celtic top? Yes? Play on!")

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Mrs just contacted me to say she has lost her phone and could I try and locate it via “find my phone”?

QQ therefore is.. has she been pumping a sailor?

AEF03AB4-6E29-411C-BB98-88D91A46293D.jpeg

There is a cruise ship in the forth just now, best case is she's had her phone pinched by one of them, worst case pumping one of these types: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/27/passenger-in-clown-suit-prompts-mass-brawl-on-po-cruise-ship

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

A repair technician. Mainly deck repairs (I'm assuming the overseas travel will be to cruise liners) 

5 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

There is a cruise ship in the forth just now, best case is she's had her phone pinched by one of them, worst case pumping one of these types: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/27/passenger-in-clown-suit-prompts-mass-brawl-on-po-cruise-ship

Case closed. 

Story : I cooked a load of broccoli and cauliflower yesterday to have as a side along with a plate of whatever it was. I also made up a packet cheese sauce and put that through it, there was hunners left so it went in a dish and was left on the counter. I reheated* it and had that solely for my tea.

Question : my stomach is now killing me and there's lava like substance shooting out of me. Am I going to die? Was it the reheated veg?

*1m30s. It was lukewarm.

Edited by Dele

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

Story : I cooked a load of broccoli and cauliflower yesterday to have as a side along with a plate of whatever it was. I also made up a packet cheese sauce and put that through it, there was hunners left so it went in a dish and was left on the counter. I reheated* it and had that solely for my tea.

Question : my stomach is now killing me and there's lava like substance shooting out of me. Am I going to die? Was it the reheated veg?

*1m30s. It was lukewarm.

Did you reheat the sauce or was that made today? That has caused similar issues for me in the past.

All I know for sure is that you will need a joblot of wet wipes.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Mrs just contacted me to say she has lost her phone and could I try and locate it via “find my phone”?

QQ therefore is.. has she been pumping a sailor?

AEF03AB4-6E29-411C-BB98-88D91A46293D.jpeg

I’m sure it’s just @Bairnardoon his way offshore so nothing new to worry about 

8 minutes ago, Dele said:

*1m30s. It was lukewarm.

Was it left uncovered ? If so then every fly in your neighborhood will have called in by your kitchen to have a wee taste of your leftovers , and then spew it back up and have a shite on it as well for good measure.

And you will die.  Maybe not immediately , but if I were you ,I wouldn't bother making any plans for the weekend.

5 minutes ago, A96 said:

Was it left uncovered ? If so then every fly in your neighborhood will have called in by your kitchen to have a wee taste of your leftovers , and then spew it back up and have a shite on it as well for good measure.

And you will die.  Maybe not immediately , but if I were you ,I wouldn't bother making any plans for the weekend.

Awww, he’ll miss Sunday though.

Spoiler