Quick Question Thread

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is anyone able to recommend a decent bed/mattress? I’m 32 and not getting any younger so am willing to pay £600+ on a decent set up.

I'd definitely recommend some form of memory foam bed, much prefer that to spring style designs.

24 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is anyone able to recommend a decent bed/mattress? I’m 32 and not getting any younger so am willing to pay £600+ on a decent set up.

Get a water bed. Best sleep you'll ever have and you can blame it if you have an embarrassing leak after too many Buds. 

I've got a Tempur Cloud Luxe mattress. It cost a fortune but it's a sound investment. I used to have a Silent Night mattress with springs and a mattress topper attached and I could still feel the springs and would regularly wake up during the night in pain. I've had a memory foam in the past that was ok but this one is a different level. It's like a giant marshmallow, you just sink into it. I think with mattresses you really do get what you pay for. FWIW, the Silent Night one cost me about £600 and it wasn't great.

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd definitely recommend some form of memory foam bed, much prefer that to spring style designs.

They're great if you've got the bed to yourself. Not so good if you enjoy the odd change of partner. That really confuses the memory and brings forth comments like "Who the f**k's been sleeping in here"..?

Here you go, Throbs.........
https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk/
These guys are based in Manchester, we’ve bought 3mattresses and an ottoman base from them in the last 7 years , quality is as good as Hypnos / ViSpring (dependent on range) but nowhere near their prices. Free delivery to Edinburgh too.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They're great if you've got the bed to yourself. Not so good if you enjoy the odd change of partner. That really confuses the memory and brings forth comments like "Who the f**k's been sleeping in here"..?

A right big fatty?

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's for Throb's w**k chariot remember? There are some memories even foam shouldn't be exposed to.... 

Wasnt really sure where to put this, but as I just read the spiel on BBC ablut Wolves disallowed goal there.... Seemingly the new rule is that any goal scored or created with use of an arm, whether accidental or not, will be disallowed.

Fancy way of saying if it hits your arm it is a foul end of story.

Thats all well and good but unless I am behind here, thats not the rule for the defending team is it? So are we not in IMO the utterly ridiculous position of defining a foul differently based purely on whether you are the attacking or defending team?

What is it about handball that turns football authorities into absolute incompetents?