Quick Question Thread

Guest Moomintroll
Advice please. My flight from London to Glasgow was cancelled tomorrow so I took a refund and booked a train. The flight has now been reinstated and I'm being offered the flight again. Am I best just sticking with the train? Or do I have some recourse to get compensation if I went on the flight?
You can take your own cans onto the train, therefore take the train, upgrade to first class & claim every bit of compensation for the inconvenience this has caused.

Was in Toronto at the time with three hours to go until my flight to Heathrow so couldn't really do anything at the time and having just arrived in London, I only have a few hours. Train was non-refundable so I'm just going with that, although it gets me home four hours later. I'll get onto them about it when I'm home

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

For the life of me I cant manage to contact anyone from DHL parcel. The c***s are having my eyes right out. Can anyone help with this? Not a machine, I actually want to speak to some c**t

Could you do us a 10" Margarita & a 10" Pepperoni please Bairnardo?

😎

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I was thinking one of Swampy’s creations, based on his implicit opinions about handguns.

It's clearly xbl.

Probably not, but he usually gets named in this sort of discussion.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

For the life of me I cant manage to contact anyone from DHL parcel. The c***s are having my eyes right out. Can anyone help with this? Not a machine, I actually want to speak to some c**t

"Hello, yes, the parcel I addressed to Buckingham Palace, the one with powder leaking out of it, wires, and a suspicious ticking noise. That one. Well, I actually meant to address it to Boris Johnson, 10 Downing Street, London so can I recall it?"

That should get you talking to a human being. Although not necessarily one from DHL... 

To reconcile respect with practicality, what is the optimum speed for a hearse?

Most I have seen seem to drive at 20mph in a town/city and about 50mph in a 60 zone or dual carriageway.

I met a guy in a pub a few years ago who told me he used to work for an undertaker and was once given the task of driving a hearse down to Manchester (from Glasgow) to collect a coffin which had been specially made for a family who's grandfather had passed away. 

Driving back up north late on,  he got held up in a major traffic jam around Carlisle and so pulled into a quiet corner of a motorway service area to get some sleep. As the coffin was nicely padded he thought it be good to stretch out inside it!

When he awoke in the morning and sat up in the coffin and looked around, he realised two cars had parked either side of the hearse. The expressions on the faces of the occupants of the cars was utterly priceless - especially when he climbed out the coffin, got behind the wheel and proceeded to drive off!

Edited by ICTJohnboy

I met a guy in a pub a few years ago who told me he used to work for an undertaker and was once given the task of driving a hearse down to Manchester (from Glasgow) to collect a coffin which had been specially made for a family who's grandfather had passed away. 
Driving back up north late on,  he got held up in a major traffic jam around Carlisle and so pulled into a quiet corner of a motorway service area to get some sleep. As the coffin was nicely padded he thought it be good to stretch out inside it!
When he awoke in the morning and sat up in the coffin and looked around, he realised two cars had parked either side of the hearse. The expressions on the faces of the occupants of the cars was utterly priceless - especially when he climbed out the coffin, got behind the wheel and proceeded to drive off!

What was the question?[emoji1]