Quick Question Thread

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I was the same this time last year. Did about 17 days straight of boozing and by the end of it my life was a bit of a mess. You're made of sterner stuff though and can clearly hold it together better! 

If you call leaving his baby daughter in the care of a stranger hanging around a public toilet, holding it together.

Edited by welshbairn

I was the same this time last year. Did about 17 days straight of boozing and by the end of it my life was a bit of a mess. You're made of sterner stuff though and can clearly hold it together better! 
Where were you staying in North Berwick or was it just a day trip? 

It was just a day trip, have stayed in the Macdonald hotel there before and it’s very nice, expensive though!

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

It was just a day trip, have stayed in the Macdonald hotel there before and it’s very nice, expensive though!

I think that's where Garry O'Connor got in trouble for getting his cock out. The spa stuff is really nice there. 

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

No he squeezes strays like a damp cloth and drinks the sweat

C'mon now what kind of monster do you think I am.  Dogs don't sweat, the reason they pant.  I drink their tears of horror.

Why do folk think its perfectly acceptable to try to cross a busy road about 6 feet away from a pelican crossing, and get annoyed when you dont slow down when they have one foot on the road and they have to jump back on to the pavement.

The fucking c***s. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why do folk think its perfectly acceptable to try to cross a busy road about 6 feet away from a pelican crossing, and get annoyed when you dont slow down when they have one foot on the road and they have to jump back on to the pavement.

The fucking c***s. 

Did you get them?

I've tried Soy, Almond and Coconut milk as substitutes for actual milk. Trying to change to a dairy free diet for a couple months. They're all making it exceptionally difficult though. 
Does anyone have any better recommendations?

Oat milk!

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Why is my I phone saying it’s 1825?

It is not actually your phone.  It is the person at the other end.

That is how phones work.

You know need to remember what question you had asked them before that - such as "I can't remember what year did Bolivia become an independent country.   Do you know?"

12 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Why are long time prisoners allowed to get married? They're not allowed to vote, or indeed, nip down the shops. But it seems strange that they can get married in prison. Why is it allowed?

Maybe some legal thing in case they die in jail - does an actual wife still get treated differently from a bidey-in?

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Maybe some legal thing in case they die in jail - does an actual wife still get treated differently from a bidey-in?

It's hard to say. What's a bidey-in?

I only ask cos that woman who married Charles Bronson died yesterday. Being Britain's top nutter, Bronson obviously gets his fair-share of fan letters - mainly from the opposite sex. He appears to have chosen the one with the biggest chebs to propose to (over the phone). So they had the ceremony in his prison, and then whisked him back to his cell straight after. The marriage was never consummated, but I'm not quite sure if she divorced him - or he her (there were pictures of her on holiday with some young guy burying his head in her tits). 

This isn't even the strangest one. The bassist of the Slade was apparently engaged to Rose West for a while. The resulting furore got him sacked from the band and West called off the engagement. 

11 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's hard to say. What's a bidey-in?

It's what they used to call a woman living with a man she wasn't married to, when that was still relatively unusual. Nowadays called a partner, or I think the official term is common-law wife. Either way, I'm not sure if the law has changed to give such a person the same rights as one who went through a ceremony.

15 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I only ask cos that woman who married Charles Bronson died yesterday. Being Britain's top nutter, Bronson obviously gets his fair-share of fan letters - mainly from the opposite sex. He appears to have chosen the one with the biggest chebs to propose to (over the phone). So they had the ceremony in his prison, and then whisked him back to his cell straight after. The marriage was never consummated, but I'm not quite sure if she divorced him - or he her (there were pictures of her on holiday with some young guy burying his head in her tits). 

Presumably Bronson found out.

19 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Why are long time prisoners allowed to get married? They're not allowed to vote, or indeed, nip down the shops. But it seems strange that they can get married in prison. Why is it allowed?

Just for extra punishment.