Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Any recommendations for used car places in Dundee?

And can you still get a discount for paying for a car in cash? Or is that not really a thing anymore.

Q1.  Not from me, sorry.
Q2.  Yes you can but easier from a private seller than a 'garage' though it's usually a debit card rather than cash for the latter to be pedantic.  If you do offer less than the quoted price then be prepared to walk away if you're told, 'no'.

15 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I phoned a JD Sports branch yesterday and they said they did but they sold out right away but the online site doesn't list kids sizes. I suspect the guy on the phone might have been talking shite. 

https://www.jd-sports.com.au/product/pink-adidas-scotland-wwc-2019-away-shirt-junior-pre-order/1277531_jdsportsau/

Guest Moomintroll
Lime green traffic cones on the roads.  As entertaining as they are, why the f*** are they lime green? 
Sure that is to indicate the exit or entrance to the work site, usually a big gap where they are placed.

9 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

I don't know how you managed it because I searched for it on JD numerous times to no avail. Much appreciated though, that's it ordered. 

You're no a bad lad for an arab. 

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
13 hours ago, pandarilla said:
Any recommendations for used car places in Dundee?

And can you still get a discount for paying for a car in cash? Or is that not really a thing anymore.

No Dundee posters kicking about this place this morning?

Yes, there's just no decent places. :lol:

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I've never needed f*cking algebra since I left school and I'm doing alright...

Some day you might go to a country where they speak it and you'll regret it then...

Yes, there's just no decent places. [emoji38]

Today I learned that all the cars that garages have are up on their selling sites, so the days of wandering round garages looking for a deal are gone.

Got an old Toyota Aygo in the end, and it looks like the missus has decided to lumber me with it whilst she takes the bigger, newer Kia to her work.

I've never been that into 'bells and whistles' on a car but twice I went to stick on the cruise control in a car that was probably made before cruise control was invented.