Quick Question Thread

Anyone got any experience about non-appearance for Jury Duty?    

I'm due up tomorrow but I'm not attending due to family illness.   I emailed the court explaining my situation they didn't accept my reasoning and have said they expect me to attend.   

11 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

I'm due up tomorrow but I'm not attending due to family illness.   I emailed the court explaining my situation they didn't accept my reasoning and have said they expect me to attend.   

Seeing as you have told them you don't want to go and they have told you to go, I think it would be a bad idea to be a no show as they might pursue you. Maybe go along explain your situation to the person organising the jurors tomorrow, you never know you might not be able to be a juror you might know the person in the dock or they might not take you.

1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

Seeing as you have told them you don't want to go and they have told you to go, I think it would be a bad idea to be a no show as they might pursue you. Maybe go along explain your situation to the person organising the jurors tomorrow, you never know you might not be able to be a juror you might know the person in the dock or they might not take you.

Sage advice though that is  Adam, I've already decided I'm not going.   

I've a young baby with health problems and I've two meeting in the fortnight to decided whether my 9 month old baby could be considered as the youngest in the world to be put forward for a Kidney transplant.    I'm driving down to Edinburgh on Thurs to meet a kidney consultant who's travelling up from Manchester to meet me (and my mrs) and only us.   

Wrote all this down in an email with all letter references, appointment times etc and the c**t said no.    Phoned him up and got nowhere and I see no reason why he'd change course tomorrow.  
I'll be going to hospital on Thurs and again next Mon and Wed and if it means I get a fine then so be it. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

I've a young baby with health problems and I've two meeting in the fortnight to decided whether my 9 month old baby could be considered as the youngest in the world to be put forward for a Kidney transplant.    I'm driving down to Edinburgh on Thurs to meet a kidney consultant who's travelling up from Manchester to meet me (and my mrs) and only us.   

Wrote all this down in an email with all letter references, appointment times etc and the c**t said no.    Phoned him up and got nowhere and I see no reason why he'd change course tomorrow.  
I'll be going to hospital on Thurs and again next Mon and Wed and if it means I get a fine then so be it. 

Don't know if it would help if the doctor endorsed the health problems your baby is facing.

Very best of luck hope you and your baby pull through! 

9 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

All of that and they still wouldn't excuse you? b*****ds.

Hope it all works out fine for you and the wee one.

Not to diminish your situation chief but I’m sure they’ve heard every excuse for non attendance. (With apparent remote professional comment).

I’d say do what you need to do but make damn sure you’ve got all the - actual- appointment records to prove where you were and why. Phone numbers for consultants, the lot.

If they did pursue you after you’ve already explained it in advance, I’m fairly sure no judge would take it any further.

11 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

Good luck Billy, I hope you get the result you want from the meeting and your wee one gets the care needed and gets better. Family first and f**k everything else, you're quite right.

On 16/03/2019 at 12:36, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I have not used an alias since I pretended to be Div on one of those award threads and did a write up on LM suggesting we had a fumble in the disabled toilets.

I have no idea who that is, but as I logged into hundreds of notifications from him I can only imagine he is quite a laid back poster who doesn't hold a grudge about having the pish ripped out of him on a football forum.

:lol:

Still running your Flash Gordon social media account Bobby? 

This question just cropped up on University Challenge a few minutes ago.

Which range of hills does the River Forth rise in?

Contestant from Darwin College, Cambridge : Is itThe Trossachs?

Correct, says Jeremy Paxbum.

I wasn't aware the Trossachs was a range of hills. Maybe some geography scholar could enlighten me.

Every chance you'll get a knock at the door and arrested tbh. Obviously sounds like you'll be fine at your court appearance but a night in the cells is a possibility which might mess up your plans.

10 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 17/03/2019 at 21:25, Billy Rubin said:

Every chance you'll get a knock at the door and arrested tbh. Obviously sounds like you'll be fine at your court appearance but a night in the cells is a possibility which might mess up your plans.

I'd bet my house on he won't even be visited by police never mind spend a night in the cells. He'll have a fine issued most likely. 

2 hours ago, Vicarious said:

:lol:

Still running your Flash Gordon social media account Bobby? 

Seeing as I used to have a Flash Gordon quote as my Twitter bio, I'd say this is a pretty creepy comment.

Nice to see I've got so under your skin you've resorted to stalking. 

2 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 17/03/2019 at 21:25, Billy Rubin said:

You are a very strange person who should probably be put on a watch list.

Edited by welshbairn