Quick Question Thread

well, he's on course to beat the QoS goalscoring record for a single season held by Jimmy Gray in 1927-28 (37 goals). 
Willie McFadyen of Motherwell holds the season record- 52 goals in 1931-32. 
but could he do it at Whitehill Welfare on a Wet Wednesday? 

Nicky Clark scored 41 for us the 2012/13 season. I’m fairly sure he’ll get another 4 this season to break that.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

well, he's on course to beat the QoS goalscoring record for a single season held by Jimmy Gray in 1927-28 (37 goals). 

Willie McFadyen of Motherwell holds the season record- 52 goals in 1931-32. 

but could he do it at Whitehill Welfare on a Wet Wednesday? 

The season record is Jimmy Smith of Ayr United with 66 goals in 38 games in 1927/28.

13 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Anyone been to a car boot sale recently? What's the going rate for dvds? Got loads sitting in boxes and wondering if it's worth my while trying to sell them at a boot sale or not.

Not a lot I'd imagine.

You'd be better using Ziffit. You'd probably get more that way. I've punted loads of old CDs, DVDs, books and Xbox 360 games. You just need to scan barcodes and it tells you how much you get. You'll get a lot of them selling for £1 and right down to 20p, but you get a surprising amount that go for £2/£3/£4/£5 and sometimes higher, like totally unexpected ones. 

Probably only worth it if you have loads though, and you need to ensure the cases are undamaged or they'll be rejected (meaning they keep them and you get nothing, and they undoubtedly sell them anyway).

Not a lot I'd imagine.
You'd be better using Ziffit. You'd probably get more that way. I've punted loads of old CDs, DVDs, books and Xbox 360 games. You just need to scan barcodes and it tells you how much you get. You'll get a lot of them selling for £1 and right down to 20p, but you get a surprising amount that go for £2/£3/£4/£5 and sometimes higher, like totally unexpected ones. 
Probably only worth it if you have loads though, and you need to ensure the cases are undamaged or they'll be rejected (meaning they keep them and you get nothing, and they undoubtedly sell them anyway).

I'm sure I looked at a couple of the music magpie/ziffit apps but they were refusing to accept alot of titles (must already have loads of them) and the ones they would accept were all about 16p each.

12 minutes ago, spud131 said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:
Not a lot I'd imagine.

I'm sure I looked at a couple of the music magpie/ziffit apps but they were refusing to accept alot of titles (must already have loads of them) and the ones they would accept were all about 16p each.

More fun going to a car boot sale imo. 50p each or 10 for £4.50.

i once had loads of boxes of dvds under the bed in the spare bedroom. went to get them out one day and all the boxes were empty. turned out that, months before, when we put up my homeless brother for a while he had emptied said boxes and headed to grouchos. hundreds of them gone.

i have no idea what he got for them so this doesnt help you at all but you reminded me of it.

On 2/8/2019 at 07:38, Bairnardo said:

Im coming to Alloa tomorrow. Il find you both.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:13, GordonD said:

How small a town do you think Alloa is?

First time checking in since Friday, and I'm shocked to see that nobody plucked this particular low-hanging fruit.

Are we developing...standards?  :huh:

On 13/02/2019 at 19:51, BigFatTabbyDave said:

First time checking in since Friday, and I'm shocked to see that nobody plucked this particular low-hanging fruit.

Are we developing...standards?  :huh:

Most towns in Scotland have a sign on the outskirts saying "Welcome to....".

Alloa's sign says "Alloa. What the f*ck are you looking at?" 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Is there any real truth to the often peddled story that theres loads of roadworks at this time of year because local authorites are scrambling to spend their roads budget for fear of losing it?

Yes particularly in years like this when they might of kept some budget from Beast for the east 2 or some such and nothing that bad has hit.

Yes particularly in years like this when they might of kept some budget from Beast for the east 2 or some such and nothing that bad has hit.
It makes sense, but so many people with absolutrly no knowledge of roads or council budgets fire it about as fact that I begun to assume it must be pish

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Is there any real truth to the often peddled story that theres loads of roadworks at this time of year because local authorites are scrambling to spend their roads budget for fear of losing it?

1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

Councils will already have paid for stockpiles of road salt, but it's the overtime bills that will have been unspent.

Gritter drivers will be cancelling their summer breaks to Florida and flocking en masse to Benidorm instead this year.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Councils will already have paid for stockpiles of road salt, but it's the overtime bills that will have been unspent.

Gritter drivers will be cancelling their summer breaks to Florida and flocking en masse to Benidorm instead this year.

Im 99% sure Scotlands road salt is stock piled centrally and then distributed, not sure if they pay on delivery if they do then they will have extra cash.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

It makes sense, but so many people with absolutrly no knowledge of roads or council budgets fire it about as fact that I begun to assume it must be pish

Also worth noting as no council will be putting up council tax to my knowledge they may try and spend the spare funds else where.

Anyway its worth breaking out a can of that yellow spray and putting it on your drive way to see if they do it while in your street

6 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Im 99% sure Scotlands road salt is stock piled centrally and then distributed, not sure if they pay on delivery if they do then they will have extra cash.

Also worth noting as no council will be putting up council tax to my knowledge they may try and spend the spare funds else where.

Anyway its worth breaking out a can of that yellow spray and putting it on your drive way to see if they do it while in your street

Alternatively you’ll get your dog nicked by a Romanian gang.

On 14/02/2019 at 23:00, tamthebam said:

Most towns in Scotland have a sign on the outskirts saying "Welcome to....".

Alloa's sign says "Alloa. What the f*ck are you looking at?" 

The loudspeaker underneath playing 'Duelling Banjos' is also a bit of a giveaway...

I know the way some government funded projects run is that if they get x budget this year and don’t spend it all, they will only get what they spent as their budget next year. I don’t know if this includes the road c***s but it stacks up.