Quick Question Thread

31 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Used to see lorries do this on the opposite side traveling to and from Aberdeen. Sometimes wondered if they were flashing me and kept checking if I'd left my dog lights on or something.

I hadn't. I'm not a c**t on the road.

See the source image

Nope, usually driving the work van which my boss made me remove the “flash if you’re horny” sticker from.

You don’t live in the U.K. anymore Swarley, right? I say this because overtaken lorry drivers flashing their lights I reckon I see almost every day, whether it’s me being flashed or other drivers.
True, I've not lived in the UK for 11 years. But I did live there for 34 years and drove for about 17 of those years. Either things have changed or I've just got a very short memory.

12 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

When you overtake a lorry on the motorway, why do all lorry drivers feel the need to flash their lights at you as if they’re permitting you to pull back over into the outside lane?

Do you mean the inside lane? 

Lorry drivers should only be flashing other lorries once they are past them to let them know they are safe to pull back in. Occasionally it's to let other truckers know there is half a prostitute hanging out the back of their trailer. 

14 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

When you overtake a lorry on the motorway, why do all lorry drivers feel the need to flash their lights at you as if they’re permitting you to pull back over into the outside lane?

Maybe they're hoping you'll flash back.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Dog lights!!!
Tell me more.

People put flashing lights on their dog at night. Red ones, green ones, blue ones. I don't bother - prefer mine not to be seen when he's raiding folk's gardens, fighting and generally harassing people and animals. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

People put flashing lights on their dog at night. Red ones, green ones, blue ones. I don't bother - prefer mine not to be seen when he's raiding folk's gardens, fighting and generally harassing people and animals. 

This puts a total new perspective, I hope this fad carries all the way here, I'll be able see the fear in their eyes, bring it on!

18 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

This puts a total new perspective, I hope this fad carries all the way here, I'll be able see the fear in their eyes, bring it on!

I hope whoever invented dog lights is very rich now. They spotted a way to fleece folk for something they really don't need. My dog took himself off the other night, crossed the water of Leith and went to my mate's house. I got a call to say as well as my daughter staying over (sleepover with his daughter), my dog Renton had now joined them all. No dog light would have made the disobedient wee p***k come back. He runs at about 35mph too so your moped may struggle to keep up. 

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I hope whoever invented dog lights is very rich now. They spotted a way to fleece folk for something they really don't need. My dog took himself off the other night, crossed the water of Leith and went to my mate's house. I got a call to say as well as my daughter staying over (sleepover with his daughter), my dog Renton had now joined them all. No dog light would have made the disobedient wee p***k come back. He runs at about 35mph too so your moped may struggle to keep up. 

Your dug Renton is a clever boy! Lets see him run away while I'm driving my 35mph moped at 16 kpm with pure red dead (mostly dead pros)  meat tied to the sides. I'm the their father Xmas.

18 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Your dug Renton is a clever boy! Lets see him run away while I'm driving my 35mph moped at 16 kpm with pure red dead (mostly dead pros)  meat tied to the sides. I'm the their father Xmas.

He'd probably try and shag you. 

i think this is done by lonely, long distance lorry drivers craving human contact. be nice, flash your hazards back.