Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Anyone got any idea what a ford fiesta door would weigh?  Roughly

Trying to ship one and the courier says a maximum of 30kg but that seems a bit light to me?  It's a three door, minus the glass, the mirror and the interior door card (not that they add much to it)

Much lighter with the window down and the heating up imo.

18 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Anyone got any idea what a ford fiesta door would weigh?  Roughly

Trying to ship one and the courier says a maximum of 30kg but that seems a bit light to me?  It's a three door, minus the glass, the mirror and the interior door card (not that they add much to it)

You could give this a go. https://www.uk.ask-ford.com/?fmccmp=other:nwp:hp:global-nav-header::Ask Ford:

34 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Has the word 'normalcy' been about forever? I don't recall ever hearing it before and I've heard it twice this week - both said by Yanks I hasten to add. 

I'm more of a normality man myself. 

There was a film called Dragnet where Tom Hanks and Dan Ackroyd star as undercover cops who go undercover to infiltrate a shadowy gang called PAGAN. People Against Good And Normalcy. Drug taking, boiling virgins, dressing as goats etc. 

5yrr0mT.jpg 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

There was a film called Dragnet where Tom Hanks and Dan Ackroyd star as undercover cops who go undercover to infiltrate a shadowy gang called PAGAN. People Against Good And Normalcy. Drug taking, boiling virgins, dressing as goats etc. 

5yrr0mT.jpg 

I can see where ISIS got their inspiration from now. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

5yrr0mT.jpg 

Just the facts, mam.

It's off to the Beast thread with you if you're telling me you use normalcy rather than normality. 
Any word which begins with normal, and carries any similar meaning will not be applied to your good self.

I dont know what you are running from, and I dont want to. I do know its not normal.

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Any word which begins with normal, and carries any similar meaning will not be applied to your good self.

I dont know what you are running from, and I dont want to. I do know its not normal.

Right, that's it...

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone own a fitbit, or any variation thereof?

Is it useful? And specifically, is the sleep tracking gimmicky shite or is it effective?

My girls used them for a couple of months. Both lying about discarded (the fitbits, not my wife and daughter). Suppose they could be useful if you’re giving yourself a kickstart and setting goals for amount of walking you want to do in a day. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone own a fitbit, or any variation thereof?

Is it useful? And specifically, is the sleep tracking gimmicky shite or is it effective?

Yes.

It was interesting in a geeky way for about a fortnight, then I got bored and continued using Endomondo to track my exercise instead.

Sleep thing didn't work for me, quite a lot of the time it told me I hadn't been asleep at all.

Yes.

It was interesting in a geeky way for about a fortnight, then I got bored and continued using Endomondo to track my exercise instead.

Sleep thing didn't work for me, quite a lot of the time it told me I hadn't been asleep at all.

Sake. Mrs B has ordered me one for my birthday because in true Mrs B fashion, she wants one and has attempted to bamboozle me into buying her one by trying to sell it as lets both get one it will be great.

I suppose it functions as a watch too and I am interested in the sleep stuff.

We shall see..

Eta when you say "track exercise" you really mean "draw cocks" dont you?

I was interested in getting one but my phone counts my steps on the health app. I do over 10k steps a day at work easily, one day I did 22k. A good % of those steps are done without aim or purposes and quite often in the wrong direction but if it keeps a few pounds off me then I’m happy!

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I suppose it functions as a watch too and I am interested in the sleep stuff.

Yeah, it's a watch, which displays when you tap the screen.

Even that I found annoying,  as it has several settings to allow for personal taste of display type, and also wearing on either wrist.  But it decides randomly to change setting all by itself, sp you'll find that you tap it to see the time, only to find that the display is upside down because it's adopted the 'other wrist' setting, or it has gone to one of the displays that has so much information that I couldn't read the time without my specs on.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Eta when you say "track exercise" you really mean "draw cocks" dont you?

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Edited by Boghead ranter