Quick Question Thread

If it doesn't have a walnut on its head and up its arse, I'm not interested.
Anyway, does anyone have a recommendation for clear tape (or similar) that'll stick to an unfinished wood surface? I need something for permanently holding signs onto the top of a rough wooden table. Needs to be clear so the text is visible underneath it. Helicopter tape looks perfect, but it's meant for smooth surfaces, so I'm dubious that the adhesive would be any use. Has to be hard-wearing as it'll be a work surface.
Best suggestion avoids a walnut up the arse. Thanks lads.
I've seen ads on US channels for Gorrila glue/tape. Not sure you can get it here.

18 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I've seen ads on US channels for Gorrila glue/tape. Not sure you can get it here.

Yeah, might give that stuff a try. I know there's some kind of super-sticky film that would be perfect, but I've no idea what it's called.

Yeah, might give that stuff a try. I know there's some kind of super-sticky film that would be perfect, but I've no idea what it's called.
There's stuff called Parafilm that some modellers use for masking canopies. It's stretchy and looks translucent, not totally clear. I think it's actually made for medical purposes - we sprue-bashers tend to improvise quite a lot..

That's something I've idly wondered; what do folk use to hold their syrup onto their baldy pate? The same stuff women use to tape skimpy outfits in place on their bodies?
thwres a man in forfar who was badly disfigured in a fire and has the worst wig job i have ever seen. i honestly think it his held on with copious tar

36 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

thwres a man in forfar who was badly disfigured in a fire and has the worst wig job i have ever seen. i honestly think it his held on with copious tar

Afraid it's back to Limerick school for you, buddy.

23 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Afraid it's back to Limerick school for you, buddy.

Can't think of two decent rhymes for 'Forfar', TBF.

We can but hope our crispy hero relocates to Nantucket.

9 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Can't think of two decent rhymes for 'Forfar', TBF.

We can but hope our crispy hero relocates to Nantucket.

6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

There's a poster on here called Torpar so there's one.

Or even the word 'torpor' which means a state of apathy or lethargy, which watching Forfar would certainly bring on

Since when have William hill started doing odds of 52/100 and 78/100?

Presumably, it’s to give you a little less for your money.
Why do they offer 6/4 instead of 3/2, though? From what I can think all the rest are reduced to the minimum?