Quick Question Thread

9 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Was in a car smash the other day. Someone ploughed into the back of me (insert Kenneth here), pitching my car into the one in front. Car was a mess and I was a bit dazed/shaken and sore but nothing broken (got some decent drugs from the doctor). Had a solicitor call up, via insurers, asking if I wanted to pursue an injury claim.  I could ham it up and get a holiday out of it but I just don't want to do that. My back is a bit sore and I was thinking "what if it starts playing up in years to come"? 

PARKLIFE!

9 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

A wee moral dilemma (or not)...

Was in a car smash the other day. Someone ploughed into the back of me (insert Kenneth here), pitching my car into the one in front. Car was a mess and I was a bit dazed/shaken and sore but nothing broken (got some decent drugs from the doctor). Had a solicitor call up, via insurers, asking if I wanted to pursue an injury claim.  I could ham it up and get a holiday out of it but I just don't want to do that. My back is a bit sore and I was thinking "what if it starts playing up in years to come"? 

Trying to be a good, spiritual person these days so told the claim people I didn't want to pursue. Was this the right thing to do? 

Don’t go for an injury claim through your insurance company. According to the latest Digby Brown advert, they can get you much more than your insurance company can. Also once you have started a claim through your insurance company then you cannot go elsewhere if you don’t think that the payout on offer is good enough. Whether they are telling the truth or not, I don’t know but it’s just a new level of scaremongering from them in their endless quest to make a quick buck.

I have family viewing a house that's non-traditional construction. It's not much of an issue in terms of mortgage etc but wanted to know a bit more about it.

It's a concrete construction called "panelcrete". Google isn't really giving much clues as to benefits/draw backs of said construction. It was built about 90 years ago.

Anyone know anything about it?

5 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

I have family viewing a house that's non-traditional construction. It's not much of an issue in terms of mortgage etc but wanted to know a bit more about it.

It's a concrete construction called "panelcrete". Google isn't really giving much clues as to benefits/draw backs of said construction. It was built about 90 years ago.

Concrete, eh? Can't think of anyone off hand.

Granny Danger might have built it. He could have already retired 90 years ago though...

12 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Attention @Melanius Mullarkey ! At last, somebody needs you!

13 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

It's a concrete construction called "panelcrete". 

Image result for gordon ramsay gif

Spoiler

Never heard of it but a quick look suggests it was cheap construction method from the 1920s.  Im guessing its either precast concrete panels stitched together or another fancy name for poured concrete which was quite popular in housing from the 1920s-1960s.

Im guessing the former precast method.  Kind of like a prefab house which was quite common around that time. 

Either way, If its lasted this long, im sure it will be fine.  Concrete is ace. 

ETA I assume this is in Perth?  Daily Record mentions it here.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/civic-trust-looks-back-roaring-2742218 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Walnut Whip(s) and Turkish Delight are the worst confectionery every made

I like Turkish Delight,  I do.  A lot of people don't like Turkish Delight, I mean Fry's Turkish Delight, the type with the chocolate on it and the purple wrapper.  But I like it.

A lot of people say "ugh, Turkish Delight, that's disgusting, how can you eat that? It's like eating perfume, it's like eating old women's perfume.  Like lavender water, or rose water or whatever it is.  How can you like that?"

But I like it. I like Turkish Delight.  I don't like it enough to get it every day, or every week.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I got a Turkish Delight, but every now and then, I'll be in a shop and I walk past the shelves with all the chocolate and I'll see a Turkish Delight and I'll get it. It's nice, I like it.  I like Turkish Delight.  

Edited by Hedgecutter