Quick Question Thread

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How is that any different from google?

Have a look at it. Have never looked at google for places to eat or drink, just go with that and check out the reviews on there.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Marvin's place will be free, bring your own but check the back of the couch for extras.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2414922/scheme-marvin-baird-mobile-phone-jail-job-kilmarnock-junkie/

Might see if Dayna is in.

9 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I will be in Kilmarnock around Tea time on Friday. Any suggestions for a decent scran, beer (no Tennents shite) for me, 8 year old bairn and a 46 year old raging alky wifie.

Greggs and the swing park.

Download the Aroundme app. Set your location to kilmarnock then check out all the places in the area.
edit. Just seen that there is a Clansman bar there.[emoji38]

There's a pub next to the station called Fanny by Gaslight. The day I stop chuckling when I see that is the day I've officially grown up I reckon.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

There's a pub next to the station called Fanny by Gaslight. The day I stop chuckling when I see that is the day I've officially grown up I reckon.

hqdefault.jpg

Was there a thread that discussed fives, or is it my imagination? Looking to join a 5s and/or 7s team in Edinburgh. To be honest, the worse the team the better, as I haven't played in over a year now, and have put on weight since then. Hopefully this is the start of me getting in shape again.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

What was/is (I don't know if it's a thing anymore) with postmen just throwing 100s of elastic bands out in the street?!

Took me about 10 years when living in Fife to work out why there were always red elastic bands lying outside the front door. Thought it was some sort of gypsy curse.

What was/is (I don't know if it's a thing anymore) with postmen just throwing 100s of elastic bands out in the street?!

Pretty much laziness. All the letters in their bag would be bundled together (by street/area I assume) by elastic bands. f**k carting a bag of bands back to the office, just dump them.
I only know/can recall this as me and my mate used to harass our posty given the chance for the bands to help keep our football boots tongues down. I guess they now cart them back to office and re-use them but I don’t know.

14 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Pretty much laziness. All the letters in their bag would be bundled together (by street/area I assume) by elastic bands. f**k carting a bag of bands back to the office, just dump them.
I only know/can recall this as me and my mate used to harass our posty given the chance for the bands to help keep our football boots tongues down. I guess they now cart them back to office and re-use them but I don’t know.

Too many people complaining about the bands being dumped, I think. So they've presumably been told to bring them back, or at least dispose of them in a bin

You would think the posties would use the elastic bands to bundle up all the tenners they've nicked from birthday cards.

They don’t actually, folk just don’t like you so aren’t putting money in your card. HTH.