Quick Question Thread

I don't even use the video section to be honest, but the amount of stuff I order through Amazon, the free next day delivery makes it worthwhile, especially with the bloody surcharges most places put on an IV post code.

You.live on the Black Isle don't you? How often do you actually get things the next day?

I'm further north than you and I think I've only ever one delivery on time.

8 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

You.live on the Black Isle don't you? How often do you actually get things the next day?

I'm further north than you and I think I've only ever one delivery on time.

Dingwall. Only had one failure and that was during that black Friday week of nonsense. Not everything is available on next day delivery, but the vast majority is, and like I said only one failure. That includes Saturday deliveries also.

1 hour ago, WeAreElgin said:

To anyone with Amazon Prime - does it have season 3 of Peaky Blinders? Internet searches have returned inconclusive.

You have to pay £6.99 for the series, same price for the dvd's.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peaky-Blinders-Season-3/dp/B01F7IXLLO/ref=tmm_aiv_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, calum_gers said:

Peaky Blinders season 3 is on the iplayer just now.

Nice one, but episode 1 stops being available after midnight tonight, Episode 2 tomorrow. Time for some bingeing  I think.

Edited by welshbairn

To anyone with Amazon Prime - does it have season 3 of Peaky Blinders? Internet searches have returned inconclusive.

Didn't I read on BBC site the other day every series is going to be on the iPlayer soon? They are trying to compete with Amazon and......the other one I don't have.

22 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Is it? f**k sake. I watched the first 2 on Netflix a few months ago and it wasn't on then.

They probably brought it back for the build up to series 4. A reminder that episode one is unavailable after midnight in case you missed my post above.

9 hours ago, NJ2 said:

It’s teckle. Start from the start and stick with it. Genuinely fucking quality.

I enjoyed the first series but gave up half way through the second.  Like so many dramas they run out of steam.

Me and Mrs Romeo are off to Berlin in a couple of weeks so obviously need to get some Euros. We had some dollars left from our trip to the states earlier in the year and thought we would change them.

Girl in currency place said that they cannot directly convert $ to Euros but would have to convert $'s to £'s then to Euros, obviously that means taking a massive hit.

Is she taking shite and trying to bump us?

I am going to that , just thought I would do it before I go.
Just seems a strange process.

Seems weird when you think about it. I just assumed it’d need to go through gbp but no idea why.
Good idea doing it in Berlin. Just swap gbp for now. I was going to suggest just shopping around for best usd to gbp rate then again for gbp to euro...god, I feel thick.