Quick Question Thread

How does one pronounce the word Stihl? As in the chainsaw and man stuff brand. Watching a Canadian channel just now and an ad came on and he pronounced it like 'steel' whereas I always thought  it was pronounced 'still'. I may not sleep tonight without an answer......thanks.

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

How does one pronounce the word Stihl? As in the chainsaw and man stuff brand. Watching a Canadian channel just now and an ad came on and he pronounced it like 'steel' whereas I always thought  it was pronounced 'still'. I may not sleep tonight without an answer......thanks.

Still.  Sweet dreams.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Still.  Sweet dreams.

With respect, is that just the way you say it though? Is it an American company in which case you'd think the Canadians should know?

Apologies for doubting you if you're a lumberjack or similar.

Still. Canada knows nothing.

22 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I used to think a handheld circular saw was called a skill saw. Turns out Stihl and Skil are two different makes, so f**k knows.

5 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

With respect, is that just the way you say it though? Is it an American company in which case you'd think the Canadians should know?

Apologies for doubting you if you're a lumberjack or similar.

I sleep all night and I work all day.

12 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Mrs Boo has gaggle of pals in and they have just agreed that when they pee it smells of sugar puffs!! Is this an actual thing or have I poured them too much gin while they're in the hot tub?

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Dehydration

This is the answer.

Or they could have diabetes. Or they could have the beginnings of kidney failure.

But its probably dehydration. Tell them to drink more water

16 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Mrs Boo has gaggle of pals in and they have just agreed that when they pee it smells of sugar puffs!! Is this an actual thing or have I poured them too much gin while they're in the hot tub?

What is it with St Mirren supporters and their gauche toys?

20 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

It's a matter of PH balance. They need some alkaline semen to match the acidity of the gin. Straightaway.