Quick Question Thread

22 hours ago, Dee Man said:

This is potentially a great idea for young couples who are looking to start a family and the female has a vagina covered with dodgy cladding - once her fanny inevitably catches fire the guy could extinguish the flames with a spunk cube and impregnate her at the same time. 2 for the price of 1.

I'm looking for £50,000 for a 25% stake in the business.

OWLS.gif

6 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Teaknife??

Well I'd already used the knife and I thought I would save on washing up (despite having a dishwasher). 

3 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

What about putting the teabag and the milk cubes in first, then pouring the hot water on to them? Might help them melt better?

I will try that next time. The only issue is that putting the milk in before the tea is considered a big no-no in some circles. George Orwell even wrote a treatise on the correct way of making a cup of tea (he must have been bored that day). God knows what he'd have made of milk cubes. 

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I will try that next time. The only issue is that putting the milk in before the tea is considered a big no-no in some circles. George Orwell even wrote a treatise on the correct way of making a cup of tea (he must have been bored that day). God knows what he'd have made of milk cubes. 

If he'd known about the horrors of milk cubes, i'd imagine 1984 would have been very different:

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a milk cube melting in a tea cup—for ever.”

“Nothing was your own except the few milk cubes inside your freezer.”

“For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? Or that milk should be in a liquid state? If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable – what then?”

So now you're going to start being concerned about social norms?

22 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I can remember the tits pecking on the silver top, and that's about it. tbh.

Did she charge extra for that?

On 27/06/2017 at 07:38, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Too often, I wake up and go to make my morning brew. And the milk has either turned itself into cream, or has gone off, or both. Not only is this a waste of milk, it means I have to go without caffeine. And then the solution hit me. 

Milk cubes. 

A real problem that's thankfully been solved:

milk.GIF.30399f4bff404ac30b6ea9b2ef05894a.GIF

Confederations Cup:

If the World Cup winner has also won their confederation competition, who gets the last qualifying place? Runner up, and if so, that of the World Cup or that of the confederation's tournament?

28 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

A real problem that's thankfully been solved:

milk.GIF.30399f4bff404ac30b6ea9b2ef05894a.GIF

Doesn't solve the problem of wasted milk. And nor does it deal with the fact that most wee containers of milk like that contain UHT milk which, in coffee, is passable, but in tea, is utterly bogging. I remember getting into an argument at a Stena Ferry Terminal some years ago when I bought a tea and they gave me a couple of the UHT containers. I spotted 2 litre jugs of milk in the fridge and asked whether I could have some of that instead. "No", came the reply, "That's only for the coffee". I was ashamed that they would sponsor my football club. 

The crazy thing is you can actually get those wee containers with UHT milk that says on the lid "Tastes like real milk". And by golly, it does. So quite why anybody bothers with that UHT muck any more, I've no idea. 

And on the subject of UHT milk, as I quoted earlier, here's my favourite ever bit of Father Ted. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Confederations Cup:

If the World Cup winner has also won their confederation competition, who gets the last qualifying place? Runner up, and if so, that of the World Cup or that of the confederation's tournament?

In the 2013 competition Italy were in as Euro 2012 runners up as Spain were World and Euro champions. i think that was because the Euros were the most recent competition (2012 v 2010)

Anyone out there old enough to remember a TV advert from the 70's featuring Fulton MacKay of Porridge fame?

I can just mind him with a tray of mugs of tea or coffee and saying that he always gives his boys this last thing at night. The next thing is the door behind him swings shut and catches him on the back causing him to spill some of the drinks.

He waffles on about the drinks before finally saying that "Some of his boys are going to be here for a long time"

I've searched on google for info on this ad, but kind find anything. My question is what was the product being advertised?

I think it might have been Horlicks but I could be wrong.

Edited by ICTJohnboy