Quick Question Thread

So we all know that when you microwave a pie/bridie/sausage roll/pasty they go soggy.  Right?  This is just how the world works.

Now I have 3 hungry teenagers in the hoose so need to stock the freezer with 'stuff' that they need an hour after eating a dinner that would choke a horse as the poor wee waifs are hungry.  I road-tested Pukka Pies' microwave steak pie and, my God, they are crispy after 3 minutes in the microwave:

pukka.JPG

So, is this the product of modern chemistry or, as I suspect, some sort of evil sorcery?

Edited by The_Kincardine

On 9/2/2016 at 11:04, Shandon Par said:

Does anyone have any tips on how to be less pish at Squash? I like my opponent so punching him is out. 

Earlier in the month, a number of wise P&B contributors offered some interesting advice on non-violent ways for me to gain the upper hand. In the two meetings since I have won. Week 1 - he forgot his contact lenses. Week 2 - he turned up drunk. 

26 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Earlier in the month, a number of wise P&B contributors offered some interesting advice on non-violent ways for me to gain the upper hand. In the two meetings since I have won. Week 1 - he forgot his contact lenses. Week 2 - he turned up drunk. 

Shands, never doubt the mystical powers of P&Bl

Grimbo

20 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Shands, never doubt the mystical powers of P&Bl

Grimbo

As I battled through the nuclear cloud of beer and spicy takeaway fumes engulfing my opponent I nodded a silent acknowledgement to P&B and the mystical powers therein. 

So how far do the denizens of P&B go to get their Nat King?

An occasional squeeze of mine has just emailed me and asked if I want to squire her to a Petula Clark evening in High Wycombe next month.  This is surely asking too much.  I've no problem with going down but listening to "Down Town" from a nonagenarian is beyond the call of duty?  No?

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

An occasional squeeze of mine has just emailed me and asked if I want to squire her to a Petula Clark evening in High Wycombe next month.  This is surely asking too much.  I've no problem with going down but listening to "Down Town" from a nonagenarian is beyond the call of duty?  No?

I danced with the lovely Petula on a boat going up and down the Thames 2 or 3 decades ago, she was hot then, she'll be even hotter now. She even came to watch us playing 5s. Top bird. And she's got a big house in Switzerland. Get in there.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I danced with the lovely Petula on a boat going up and down the Thames 2 or 3 decades ago, she was hot then, she'll be even hotter now. She even came to watch us playing 5s. Top bird. And she's got a big house in Switzerland. Get in there.

Handy for Dignitas.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Go by all means, but don't Sleep on the Subway.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Sadly it wasn't 'oor Pet' who issued the invite.

Just get the carer to wheel you both into the day room, then you can go nuts.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I've never been to an all you can eat buffet, I've been to an all you can drink buffet. That's more up your street though, Oliver Reid.

Come back to me when you're welcomed to an "All you can think" buffet, young Rab.  I shan't hold my breath, though.