What Do Footballers Work As After They Finish?

I've heard a rumor that Rab Douglas has bought a pub in Dundee (i think it's the four arrows, not sure though)

Did he not marry the Marrs daughter? Thinking he perhaps knew he would have an expert guide in the Dundee pub trade!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 years later...

Bump

Wandered onto this thread via a very circuitous route,

Steven Milne is now a copper and Graham Bayne is now a Fireman. If we can find an ex Dee who's a paramedic we can call house. :)

Its been a few years, any more updates on ex pro's ???

Not quite in line with the thread title but with most of our players being part-time the majority of them have jobs outside of football. Most of our squad is new so I'm not actually all that sure what they do, the only ones I'm aware of are the following:

Stevie Aitken - works for Rolls Royce

Stephen Farrell - prison officer

Garry Fleming - car valeter

Willie Gibson - was doing coaching for QOS but not sure if he's chucked that

I have no idea about the rest, some other Sons fans may be able to help out.

Willie Gibson - was doing coaching for QOS but not sure if he's chucked that.

That wasnt a "job". It was volunteer stuff on a sunday. But yes he stopped it when he signed for Dumbarton. Not sure if they made him or it just didnt fit with availability now. The same manager was happy to let him do it at Stranraer so unless its a club policy I guess he decided himself.

That wasnt a "job". It was volunteer stuff on a sunday. But yes he stopped it when he signed for Dumbarton. Not sure if they made him or it just didnt fit with availability now. The same manager was happy to let him do it at Stranraer so unless its a club policy I guess he decided himself.

I thought it was paid work, my mistake. Fair play to the guy if it was a volunteering effort.

I can't see it being a club policy, I know Scott Agnew done coaching with Ayr when he was with us. I can only assume it wasn't going to work out with his Dumbarton schedule plus travelling etc.

Kevin Cawley works in Slaters. I think Garry Fleming is now an Arnold Clark delivery driver. Jamie Ewings used to be a bar manager I think, but don't know if he's still doing that.

Gerry Crawley has a stall selling scented candles in the St Enoch Centre and Gary Dickie drives a mobile library on Lewis.

Andy Aitken and Gary Wood are policemen.

Paul Burns is an engineer with BT.

Stephen McKenna is with the MoD police.

Did Jamie Mcquilken not join the police as well. Any idea what Sean O'Connor does these days ?

Archived