Livingston - all the threads merged

Livi News has the David Hay night cancelled but no mention of the cancellation on the Livi Site?

Maybe it hasn't been cancelled ? Anti-LiviNews seems to be a propaganda site for Ged Nixon and his "Trust" followers.

I think that nearly all of the pro Massone stuff on Livilions is the work of children, or perhaps a few adults who think like children, and have been starstruck that Massone spoke with them. There's also a few postings on there in the three or four threads that I looked at where the language of the postings "wisnae quite right", and read not as bad grammar from a Scot, but more like sentence construction from someone with a first language other than English. It read like pure unadulterated propoganda.

Anyone who has been of a mind to follow the club from day one has seen nothing but an endless diatribe of lies and unpaid debt stretching back to the day the club was formed.

For them now to be at a point where they are cynical, and unwilling to take what they are being told at face value, is quite frankly, a mark that a good few of them have grown up. They believe that following a club also involves having some kind of conscience about how that club operates.

Currently, Livingston are breeding a little generation of "supporters" who don't care how it operates, how employees are treated, or what bills go unpaid. If they can finish 3rd in the league, the season is a "success". It's how the club has operated for too long. That some now voice their unhappiness makes them "enemies of the club". What utter drivel.

The only people who will drag the club into non existance are those who choose to turn a blind eye to what is going on.

Edited by Guest

AFAIR the wording was "Presented to Livingston Football Club by the LLSC", ergo they given to the club by the supporter's club. I would think that something presented to the club was their property.

I don't know if the membership were asked about the removal of the items or if the individual did it on his own because he was in the huff. Maybe Anti-LiviNews will clear up the confusion ?? :rolleyes:

Well Alex you are wrong - again!.

I paid for one of the shirts directly to Livi FC, and immediately gifted it to the LLSC. The agreement was that it could be displayed at Livingston FC for the money paid to the club. Not presented back to Livi FC.

I have been kept fully up to speed with the goings on, and spoke with someone at the club who confirmed it was agreed about its removal. I fully understand why it was removed too

By all means carry on and make things up, but the above is the truth and not some made up story.

Edited by Livi

I paid for one of the shirts directly to Livi FC, and immediately gifted it to the LLSC. The agreement was that it could be displayed at Livingston FC for the money paid to the club. Not presented back to Livi FC.

I have been kept fully up to speed with the goings on, and spoke with someone at the club who confirmed it was agreed about its removal. I fully understand why it was removed too

By all means carry on and make things up, but the above is the truth and not some made up story.

What did the wee gold plaque underneath the shirt say exactly ?

What was the reason for it's removal ?

Looks like you and your source were both wrong as my source tells me the police are treating the removal of the memorabilia as theft. :ph34r:

Looks like you and your source were both wrong as my source tells me the police are treating the removal of the memorabilia as theft. :ph34r:

Not content with your club imploding, now you are all turning on each other..That shite at dingwall on saturday is just ridiculous...It's not that often I am serious on here but you guys MUST stick together otherwise your lost.

Guest strathbrock
Not content with your club imploding, now you are all turning on each other..That shite at dingwall on saturday is just ridiculous...It's not that often I am serious on here but you guys MUST stick together otherwise your lost.

:( Agreed, but sadly "divide and conquer" has often been usefully employed in the past.

Also agree with the points made by Duncan Freemason.

I was at Dingwall on Saturday and I have to say that in spite of some of the crap we hve had to put up with on a regular basis over the last four years that was my lowest point as a Livi fan. After 13 years as a season ticket holder it is looking increasingly like I will not renew this season. I cannot justify giving money upfront to an individual I have absolutely no respect for.

What happened at Dingwall?

Totally agree with the end of the above statement. Clubs that have been in the shit in the recent past have survived because the fans almost totally united in a common cause to save the club. If you continue to be split into pro and anti Massone factions, you're utterly and completely fucked.

What happened at Dingwall?

Seems that pro and anti-Massone factions were spending more time singing/ shouting at each other than watching the game, and two came near to handbags before the polis stepped in.

them. There's also a few postings on there in the three or four threads that I looked at where the language of the postings "wisnae quite right", and read not as bad grammar from a Scot, but more like sentence construction from someone with a first language other than English.

I thought that as well, but there may well be genuine supporters from "forn parts" than people with any connection to Massone. Maybe.

Honestly, Livi are a tragedy right now. How can such a small support divide into so many wee groups?

As an Airdrie fan, I've been in the dark before. I know what it's like to see your club in the papers all the time for the wrong reasons - we've had more than our fair share of shysters and muppets, but Massone really takes the biscotti.

I thought that as well, but there may well be genuine supporters from "forn parts" than people with any connection to Massone. Maybe.

Yep, I think that's a "maybe" too. More likely, it's a couple of individuals who have been asked to do a specific piece of work.

Anyways, there's now an interesting wee conversation about moving to another site if a supermarket buy over the stadium site. As one or two have pointed out, Livingston FC don't own the stadium. If Massone's aim is to buy the stadium to then sell it, move to another smaller ground, and pocket the difference, then that ain't going to happen.

The council have an absolute duty to realize the maximum benefit from the disposal of any public asset. They cannot and will not sell the stadium to Massone for a pittance so that he can realize a fuller value elsewhere. If things look to be going that way, then someone on the council would need to be removed from office pdq.

Think back 8 years. Does the term "Monkey Watcher" ring a bell?

Stuart

That's a fair point, Stuart, but there's a crucial difference: there was obviously enough unity within our support to galvanise an action group and make it possible (and worthwhile) for Jim Ballantyne to maintain senior football in Airdrie. Sure, I remember standing with a bucket outside New Broomfield collecting cash and grinding my teeth in frustration when it seemed the AWAY supporters were more willing to help than some of or own ("I'm paying my entry money to the club, that's enough" being one particularly jaw-dropping example of ignorance and stupidity) but the vast majority of our support banded together and made this club possible.

I've said it before, but that was Les Jones' major achievement - I know there were plenty others involved but it was him who managed the seemingly impossible task of uniting the Airdrie support. For me, the way he was subsequently treated by the club was totally shameful, because if it hadn't been for him they wouldn't BE in a position to treat him any way at all.

The point is when it cam to the crunch a whole load of people with different views and ideas got together and proved it was viable and worthwhile fighting to have this club. The same can be said of Thistle fans and Morton fans, the recognition that things are desperate and everyone MUST work together for the one cause is paramount. The Livvy fans, on the other hand, DON'T or WON'T get it. Instead, they're bickering pointlessly over who took what and why from the fucking walls of the stadium!!

I've said it before, but that was Les Jones' major achievement - I know there were plenty others involved but it was him who managed the seemingly impossible task of uniting the Airdrie support.

I agree that, once Ballantyne became involved, the vast majority of the Airdrie support aligned themselves with his goals and strategy. However, that shouldn't ignore the fact that there were lots of squabbles in the preceding 12 - 18 months. I was on the end of a few character assassinations at some of the early public meetings from people with p***ked egos (apparently dressing up as Rocky the Rooster and standing outside NB with a collection bucket constitutes "backstabbing") - so I remember from experience.

Maybe that former stage is where Livi fans find themselves just now. After all, Massone is much more of a controversial character along the lines of Archibald or Gemmill than a stabilising influence like Ballantyne. Maybe they just need a unifying candidate to come along.

Stuart

I agree that, once Ballantyne became involved, the vast majority of the Airdrie support aligned themselves with his goals and strategy. However, that shouldn't ignore the fact that there were lots of squabbles in the preceding 12 - 18 months. I was on the end of a few character assassinations at some of the early public meetings from people with p***ked egos (apparently dressing up as Rocky the Rooster and standing outside NB with a collection bucket constitutes "backstabbing") - so I remember from experience.

Maybe that former stage is where Livi fans find themselves just now. After all, Massone is much more of a controversial character along the lines of Archibald or Gemmill than a stabilising influence like Ballantyne. Maybe they just need a unifying candidate to come along.

Stuart

If I remember correctly some of those meetings in Airdrie workmens were simply shameful! The carry on of some people who just spent time arguing about pointless issues whilst seeing Archibald (who's football I enjoyed immensly) as some sort of messiah when he did not have 2 coins to rub together were as divisive as they were helpful! I will never forget the first meeting with Ballantyne in the Tudor, that to me seemed the first time we were all heading in the correct direction together. Whether Livi have someone to provide a focal point remains to be seen.

If I remember correctly some of those meetings in Airdrie workmens were simply shameful! The carry on of some people who just spent time arguing about pointless issues whilst seeing Archibald (who's football I enjoyed immensly) as some sort of messiah when he did not have 2 coins to rub together were as divisive as they were helpful!

Yeah, Archibald was supported by the People's Front of Airdrie, whilst the opposition was provided by the Airdrie People's Front.

If I remember correctly some of those meetings in Airdrie workmens were simply shameful! The carry on of some people who just spent time arguing about pointless issues whilst seeing Archibald (who's football I enjoyed immensly) as some sort of messiah when he did not have 2 coins to rub together were as divisive as they were helpful! I will never forget the first meeting with Ballantyne in the Tudor, that to me seemed the first time we were all heading in the correct direction together. Whether Livi have someone to provide a focal point remains to be seen.

You're right some of the meetings were shameful, but they got better. Unity was the principle aim and that was largely achieved. We had to prove there was something worth someone investing in. We had to, as we sure as hell weren't going to raise the required cash ourselves.

In hindsight Archibald was backed for too long, after it became obvious he wouldn't succeed. (Not all his fault, but he didn't help himself much by pissing the wrong people off)

There were hundreds at those meetings and trying to keep order was not easy. Like any football crowd, it wasn't always the majority that made the most noise, but consensus was sought.

i.e. To end the boycott during Gemmells time, slightly more voted to stay out, but it would have been impossible to continue with most in and a sizable minority still out. Unity was most important so the boycott was lifted and it still causes arguments to this day.