Livingston - all the threads merged

Radio Forth reports this evening that Livingston WILL be going into administration imminantly...Looks like Airdrie or Clyde could well be safe .

It was hardly reporting, Ghost - a mere mention of a story that was in the Daily Retard this morning and also all over Livi Lions/News for the past few weeks.

It was hardly reporting, Ghost - a mere mention of a story that was in the Daily Retard this morning and also all over Livi Lions/News for the past few weeks.

A mere mention. Mmmmmmm Radio news 3 minutes long. Everything only gets a mere fucking mention.. As for it being all over the Livi boards.... There was NOT a thread regarding this report..There is now and some of your fans are taking it a little more serious than you. Also news ( on Livilions) that non playing staff are now walking out over non payment of wages..Which is a new developement as well....

Not to worry though, everything is all right ( said Mr Massone)

post-15122-1239393214_thumb.png

Do you live in Newburgh Fife Saint? If so do you know the h un who has the Rangers gnome with the union flag???

Which one? There are so many Union Flag Gnomes. I don't know how you can blame a gnome for Livi's current problems though.

Believe me friend, I'm taking it seriously alright - I know fine well of the financial problems at the club. My missus' work have stopped sponsoring Livi due to the club reneging on a plan to pay a bill that is as near as dammit a six figure sum.

I was merely stating that I won't get worked up over a mention of a story that HAS been done to death on LiviLions, LiviNews etc.

Although it sounds like a rehash of old news, there are new developments every day. I've heard from a very good source that a firm are on the brink of issuing a winding up order.

The handyman Brian Henderson walked out during the week and the firm that holds the safety certificate for Almondvale has threatened to withhold it which would mean no games could take place there. I fear it's only a matter of time.

No, Massone says there is "no chance" of us going into administration :rolleyes:

I think the press have jumped the gun a bit, you can bet your bottom dollar that folks who handle admins are having a well earned Easter Break. (Shower of shite that they are).

I remember once I was imminantely going to turn left but I changed my mind and drove straight on.

I wouldn't lose any sleep about it.

Although it sounds like a rehash of old news, there are new developments every day. I've heard from a very good source that a firm are on the brink of issuing a winding up order.

I still wouldn't worry a winding up order can be beaten down or at least delayed for 2/3 months.

If ever there was a time for people to decide if they stand behind their club or stand behind their own ambitions/egos, surely it is now?

Winding up = liquidation, correct?

If the crave is granted, yes. However upon hearing a winding up petition the court can grant it, dismiss it or make such other order as it sees fit, which could include admin or time to propose and agree a CVA

.could go into liquidation without a winding up petition being granted and the liquidator can then apply for a winding up order.

liquidation=FC Livingston in the east of scotland.

Only if the EoS league accepts the new team's application. If there are no spaces then it could be the bottom of the junior leagues.

Guest el bawbag
Only if the EoS league accepts the new team's application. If there are no spaces then it could be the bottom of the junior leagues.

one would imagine spartans would come up to replace us, if not juniors is fine by me.

I think the press have jumped the gun a bit, you can bet your bottom dollar that folks who handle admins are having a well earned Easter Break. (Shower of shite that they are).

I remember once I was imminantely going to turn left but I changed my mind and drove straight on.

I wouldn't lose any sleep about it.

Who do you think you are sonny? Insolvency practitioners are amongst the most highly regulated professionals on the planet and it takes rather longer to qualify as one than a brain surgeon. What they do for a living is clean up other people's messes and in many instances either pursue criminals or relieve decent people with money problems of their debts. They do not cost people their jobs, the ars*holes like Flynn and Massone do. The IP only sweeps up behind them.

I am an insolvency practitioner and my job is one third company doctor, one third accountant and one third social worker.

I still wouldn't worry a winding up order can be beaten down or at least delayed for 2/3 months.

If ever there was a time for people to decide if they stand behind their club or stand behind their own ambitions/egos, surely it is now?

Only if the directors are prepared to take the risk of wrongful trading meantime. The court take a dim view of wasting court time. Yes, a winding up petition can be contested but you better have good grounds for doing so!

Winding up = liquidation, correct?

There are several types of company insolvency of which Administration and Liquidation are two (in fact there are three types of liquidation as well). A winding up order is a liquidation. The easiest analogy is to think of an administration as being intensive care whereas a liquidator is a corporate undertaker. There is a slim chance a company can survive administration but a company in liquidation is dead with no way back. Hence, if a club goes into liquidation, their league membership dies with them.