Livingston - all the threads merged

Were the fans of Dumfries (who I think rejected the invitation) and 5th King's Own Scottish Borderers & Arrol Johnston consulted before the merger which created Queen of the South in 1919? Was everyone in that town hall that mattered?

Was there complete consensus bewtween all parties that a move from Maxwelltown was in the 5th KOSB best interests?

Was the merger of Dundee East End and Dundee Our Boys taken to a vote of supporters club members in 1893?

What about Hamilton Academicals resigning in 1897/1898 to take over Renton's fixtures? Who was involved in that process?

Did the Alpha FC board consult with season ticket holders before meeting in a pub and deciding to disband the club and merge with fierce rivals Glencairn? Did Glencairn's fans have a say in the matter? Are Motherwell subsequently a diddy club that killed other ones?

Did anyone - supporters, players, managers, locals - involved in any of these cases, and the many others, ever, at any point, feel angry by a move or merger or name change they didn't agree with? Probably.

Or, oh, I'm sorry - I forgot - Queen of the South, along with all the other 'real' clubs in Scottish Football, dropped out of heaven in a perfectly pure and untainted form.

Livingston might be 100 odd years behind the rest of Scottish Football, but at it's creation it was just as crazy.

Get over it.

There was consulatation and consensus though. You also have to remember the times as well - it was immediately after the Great War when many local men had died. The townspeople of Dumfries came together and Queen of the South Football Club was formed.

The Livingston franchise came as a result of the killing of Meadowbank Thistle and against the wishes of the vast majority of their small loyal band of supporters who fought against Mr Blobby's scheming. I know, I was there.

Get over it....

superb post

re:ICT you will find many fans who were not at all happy(some Caledonian fans on here actually who i think alledged some rigging of the vote)

Indeed and I have sympathy for those Caley fans who opposed ther move. The facts remain - there was consultation and the move was voted through. The new club also play in Inverness and was not moved to another town.

I think Calum got a bit bored but I have a bit of free time on my hands.

Newcastle United - "The club was founded in December 1892 by the merger of two local teams Newcastle East End and Newcastle West End who were previously rivals in the Northern League, but after West End fell into financial difficulties they decided to merge." (Oh my! Rivals, you say?)

Aberdeen - "The current Aberdeen F.C. was formed following the merger of three city clubs, Aberdeen, Victoria United and Orion, in 1903." (I assume fans of every club where consulted about the move?)

Just two of an array of clubs who "screwed" fans by making a new club out of their old one.

Comparing moves of over 100 years ago (when football was still in it's infancy) is not really relevant. It was a different era. I'm sure there were a few that opposed Woolwich Arsenal's move to North london but again it was still within London.

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

Indeed and I have sympathy for those Caley fans who opposed ther move. The facts remain - there was consultation and the move was voted through. The new club also play in Inverness and was not moved to another town.

Comparing moves of over 100 years ago (when football was still in it's infancy) is not really relevant. It was a different era. I'm sure there were a few that opposed Woolwich Arsenal's move to North london but again it was still within London.

So because it was before your time it does not count?

Guest Ron DMC
And, with acknowledgement to the comic genius somewhere above that came up with it, I'd like to repeat: Livi buying Armand One was a mistake. Massone thought he was applying for a credit card.
<br /><br /><br />actually he thought it was a unisex fragrance a la CK One.

Thee laydeees love Angelo witha a thee nice fragreance.

Edited by Ron DMC

Oh dear, maybe paid late again. :rolleyes:

Is there a "cooling off" period when a player signs for a club? Armand One might want to reconsider.

It is actually a shame for the fans but Livi are fecked, no-one is going to give them credit now, they will be the Wollies of the 1st division, having to pay cash up front for everything. This assuming that they are allowed to continue in business/playing in the SFL.

Which would mean a points deduction putting us into the relegation spot.

Rubbish!! Massone has vowed to take them back to the SPL, maybe he meant SPL2? :P

I see Landi applied for the Inverness job, trying to steal Livi's rightful place in the Champions League? :lol::lol:

This is ridiculous. Livi are clearly in trouble, and the owner(s) clearly are doing little to sort it, or get those on board who can help. I could see last time that a late bank account arrestment might have been responsible. This time, there was plenty of opportunity to arrange something else if that was the case, and there was cash available somewhere.

Livi fans, if any of you have the standing to be able to wrest your club back, now might be the time. I can't see the current situation ending gracefully.

This is ridiculous. Livi are clearly in trouble, and the owner(s) clearly are doing little to sort it, or get those on board who can help. I could see last time that a late bank account arrestment might have been responsible. This time, there was plenty of opportunity to arrange something else if that was the case, and there was cash available somewhere.

Livi fans, if any of you have the standing to be able to wrest your club back, now might be the time. I can't see the current situation ending gracefully.

He needs to wait for the cash from Saturdays game to make the cash up. :D No home game a couple of days before next months pay day though.

He needs to wait for the cash from Saturdays game to make the cash up. :D No home game a couple of days before next months pay day though.

You seem to have an unlhealthy fascination with the financial plight our club is in :huh:

You seem to have an unlhealthy fascination with the financial plight our club is in :huh:

That's unfair to AND180Y. The viability of SFL clubs is a matter which concerns us all. At the moment, Livi's financial situation appears to throw up questions as to whether you're still going to be with us by the end of the season. Is every other SFL 1 club in a healthy financial position? Of course not. However, Livi's getting the attention because you seem to be in the most precarious situation.

Putting aside those who have particular grievances against Livingston, I don't think anyone else wants to see the death of a club.

I hope the players give Mr Massone plenty of warning if they are going to strike. I wouldn't want him to waste money switching on the undersoil heating for Saturday's game.

I suppose they will be fake players now ??? :rolleyes: