Livingston - all the threads merged

Massone comes out with a gem in the article about Flynn winning.

"I have received offers from investors but I'm ready to go it alone, pay off our debts and bring the stadium into club ownership."

He's either the worst liar in the history of football or my theory about oil under the pitch may well be true.

Guest strathbrock
There's no way Livi could have survived without Pearse putting his own money into the club. This would certainly be done as a Director's Loan.

He sold an asset - closing the Nitespot for a fee - and had it written into legal documents that the money would be paid to him as part of his loan.

Nearly all first division clubs depend on owner's putting in their own money as loans or whatever. It goes with the trerritory. Not all of them sell off club assets and then scarper however. It's also nice if they pay the rent from time to time.

I know from personal experience that Mr Massone tells lies and he doesn't come across as being a very good lawyer either.

Would not argue with you here but what I would say is that Mr Flynn was also rather economical with the truth in his time at the club. He was just jollier about it all.

All this business about buying the stadium is pie-in-the-sky.

God I hope so! :huh:

Nearly all first division clubs depend on owner's putting in their own money as loans or whatever. It goes with the trerritory. Not all of them sell off club assets and then scarper however. It's also nice if they pay the rent from time to time.

Would not argue with you here but what I would say is that Mr Flynn was also rather economical with the truth in his time at the club. He was just jollier about it all.

I'm not saying Pearse was whiter than white but he found it hard to get investors and his own money was running out. Once his call centres starting hitting the buffers he needed to get out to stop the drain on his finances. It was a bit like Dominic Keane but he hid the problems without selling up. I'm sure if the Italians hadn't bought the club we would have been in admin by now. I'm also sure the Irish mob pulled out when they saw the state of the club rather than Pearse's story that he pulled out because they weren't right for Livi.

Pearse not paying the rent was merely a ploy to try and force the council to buy the lease back so he could move to a new smaller stadium. There's no denying he had kissed the Blarney Stone.

If the Italians had come in and had been inclusive of the creditors to sort things out and be up front with the fans it might have been different but they chose to tread the path they are on.

Flynn certainly set the Italians up for that £300k loss.

You honestly think that £300k was missed off the bill of sale paperwork ?

I think the Italians thought they could stiff Pearse for the money once they had taken over the club.

Surely Massone will be wangling some kind of similar deal whereby his monthly top up of £15,000 is by way of directors loan and not simply a gift to the club?

Edited by Wall E

You honestly think that £300k was missed off the bill of sale paperwork ?

I think the Italians thought they could stiff Pearse for the money once they had taken over the club.

I don't mean in that sense. I just mean that Pearse was very smart in his dealing, perhaps taking advantage of the Italian's enthusiasm to run a club.

Hahaha, whoever's behind it. That's pretty funny.

(With due respect to any employees that don't get paid, or fans losing their club - I wish neither on anyone).

Agreed, it's class :lol:

Hahaha, whoever's behind it. That's pretty funny.

(With due respect to any employees that don't get paid, or fans losing their club - I wish neither on anyone).

With all due respect... Livingston FC were only created out of "fans losing their club" already when the old chairman killed a prefectly good side who could look after their money.

Sympathy? You won't find me sheding a tear for Livi. When they go bust and disappear, bring back Gretna 2008 into the league :D

With all due respect... Livingston FC were only created out of "fans losing their club" already when the old chairman killed a prefectly good side who could look after their money.

Sympathy? You won't find me sheding a tear for Livi. When they go bust and disappear, bring back Gretna 2008 into the league :D

Somebody pass me my violin, please.....

To show that amount of respect to people's livlihoods is appalling, if nothing else.

Edited by Livi 293